Got To Get You Into My Life

She would remember forever the day she watched her new mother and father sign their signatures on her adoption papers.

She would remember how after, they both showered her cheeks in kisses and gave her loving and warm hugs.

 And she would always remember the tears she cried when she was finally adopted and had her own Mum and Dad, her own family.

Her mother, who was dressed so lovely for Liverpool's weather, in her warm black pants, and red boots, a long-sleeve woolly red sweater was under a bone trench coat that was currently buttoned and the sash was tied handed her a lace hankie from her designer handbag, and she blew her nose and wiped her eyes.

Her father was in his jeans, a black shirt, leather jacket and a red scarf. The pendant Emmaline had gotten him for his birthday around his neck as well as a white feather pendant.

She hugged Sally so tightly, still crying as she clutched Emmaline's hankie.

"You take care of all the other children Sally and thank you for everything, I love you and I'll never forget you!" She sobbed at her carer for over eight years.

"You too little Gracie, you too darling!" 

Carrying a small bag with all that Gracie owned, Julian smiled when the little girl ran to her parents and together they left her orphanage.

The rain had cleared and the sun blinded the poor girl, partially because she preferred to stay indoors and furthermore not having sunglasses she had to squint until Emmaline pulled her favourite sunglasses from her eyes, her red Versace's and handed them to the little girl.

"But...but they...they look expensive!" She stammered, in awe yet afraid she would break them.

"They're sunglasses and I hate seeing you squint and be blinded by the sun, Gracie," She said casually.

"We may need to take you shopping Gracie? Get you some clothes and things that you need!" Julian said looking down at his daughter wearing his fiancee's sunglasses. "You look, lovely darling!"   

"Shopping for me? For clothes and stuff?" She asked.

"Yes, right after we introduce you to your Uncle and Aunty!"

As they wandered down to the taxi waiting, a bunch of newspaper photographers took photos of them. 

"John's boy back home, with a woman and a child!" One said to the other as they snapped photos, clear as crystal, even photographing little Gracie in between her parents.  

"He must finally be off the market hey? And they just came out of St Mary's, must have adopted the little girl! Lucky little thing! Bit skinny and a little poorly looking!"  

"Who's his woman? Recognise her?"

The Guardian, The Sun, The Daily Mail. 

They were all there.

"I'm not sure but she's not poor! Might be able to give him a bit of money hey? More than he ever got off Daddy!" One said to the other as they snapped the last photos before the three got into the taxi.