Love Me Do

The plane finally touched down, nearly twenty-four hours of flying, but thankfully a couple stops on the way to get out and stretch their weary legs. 

"Cape Town International Airport?" She questioned once she had realised. "Aren't we mean to be in Uganda?"

He smiled as they headed to the baggage carousel. "We are, in a few days, I thought I would bring you here first, there is something I want to show you!"

"And what would that be my darling?" She asked, smiling at him.

"As if I'm gonna tell you now, sweetness!" He said, "how about we get to our accommodation,  Southern Sun Waterfront, Cape Town is where I chose!"

She smiled as they picked up their suitcases, "I haven't had a chance to stay there you know!"

As they were walking out she wrapped her arm around his and snuggled into him. 

Only a few noticed him and stopped him, including a mother and her daughter from Miami, Florida who had been on holidays and were currently waiting for their flight to go home.

"Could we trouble you for a photo, Jules?" The teenage girl asked she looked about sixteen. "Mom was a big fan of John's!"

"Of course darlings, jump in!" He said, with a smile.

"Do you want me to take it for you?" Emmaline offered with a smile as she watched Julian wrap his arms around their shoulders.

The teenager looked at her, finally handing her iPhone over.

"Is this, your girlfriend, Julian?" The mother asked, recognising Emmaline. "Why don't we all get in the photo? Hope, you can take a selfie, can't you? Let the lovely doctor in!" 

Emmaline handed the expensive phone back to Hope and squeezed in beside her, she didn't want to stand next to him as she didn't want to get in the way.

They smiled as the teenager took a couple of shots.

"Julian, do you mind if my daughter uploads one onto Instagram? I know there aren't many photos out there of you and Emmaline yet and we don't want to step on your toes!" The mother asked.

"I'm fine with it, they'll have to get used to us together anyway, are you okay with it darling?" He asked Emmaline.  

"I don't have a problem with it!" She said smiling.

The mother grinned "I have goosebumps! You two are so cute together! I hope it's a long and happy relationship!" Then she grabbed Julian's left hand. "You deserve it, sweetheart! I truly hope she makes you the happiest you can ever be! I think she will!"   

He gave her a smile and said, "she is my world, darling!" 

Once they were gone he turned to her "so, tell me, how was your first fan experience, sweetness?" He asked, eager to hear her answer. He knew to be with him, she'd have to get used to the fans wanting their few seconds with him, she'd have to learn to share him.

"It was nice Julian," she told him honestly "It's good that there were only a couple of people, what is it like when there's more?"  

"They take up a little more time, but thankfully the majority of them are nice like that mum and her daughter, if I know it's going to get out of hand I will always make sure your safety is my main priority!" He told her.

"You'd snob fans for me?" She asked. 

"There's a difference between snobbing them and getting you out of a dangerous situation!" He told her as they walked to the taxi bay, where a car was waiting for them, ready to take them to their hotel.

*

"You hungry?" He asked once they had finally got to their room, their view of the pool below and the atmosphere of Cape Town was mesmerising to her.

"It's been so long since I've been here!" She said, admiring the view. 

He came to stand behind her gently caressing her arms, softly rubbing his hands up and down them soothingly. 

"I got to travel a lot in my thirties, I've seen the whole world, and more than once," She told him. "after ten years working non-stop in three separate hospitals, I was a bit burnt out, so I booked myself my first cruise, I still remember it, I toured the islands of New Zealand and once the travel bug had bitten I was hooked! I then took two years off to see all of Australia, the U.S, Canada. Then after I got back I think I had a few weeks off, then I did Africa, having already worked in Cairo I had naturally seen all of Egypt, then I moved onto the Middle East..."

"How was that?" He asked, curiously. "Some parts of the middle east are not travel destinations!" 

"No, they're not, but I steered clear of all the danger zones. Jerusalem and the holy lands were quite possibly my favourites, and Isreal, where they have a memorial of all the Jews Hitler murdered, is something you have to see in your lifetime!" She said.

"And Asia and Europe?" He asked. 

"I took another year off to see Asia, Russia and Europe. To this day, my favourite hotels in Europe are all in England! But the Japanese Cherry Blossoms will take your breath away! You missed them because I was attacked!"

She had turned to face him, gently caressing his face. When her hand got close enough to his lips, he kissed the soft skin on her hand and fingers repeatedly.  

"When they flower again, we'll go and you can show them to me!" He said "deal?"

She kissed him softly "Oh it's a deal all right! How about next year, for your birthday? They typically flower in April through to May." 

"Sounds like a plan, so are you hungry?" He answered. "We could get something to eat down by the pool!"  

"Good idea!" She agreed, gazing at the comfy looking queen sized bed.

"If you lay down you'll go to sleep and you'll get jet lag later!" He warned playfully, "go change sweetness, then we'll head down to the pool, I hear they have an amazing bar here! Let's have a few drinks to ward off our jet lag!"

They relaxed around the sparkling, crystal clear pool, drinks in hand and a delightful sushi plate to share. 

"Do you reckon we could teach Harvey to use chopsticks?" He asked as he used his to pick up a piece of sushi, they were both naturals at using them. 

"Can you teach an old dog new tricks?" Came her reply as she had a mouthful of Sake.

He chewed the delicious sushi in his mouth. "Depends on the dog and how stubborn he is!"  

"It's my Uncle Harvey, stubborn as one can get!" She said, picking up a piece of sushi. "And you won't catch him eating raw fish and seaweed anyway!'

He had a mouthful of beer. "You look lovely, you know?" He complimented her with a smile as he gazed at her laying on a lounge chair beside him.

She was wearing a lovely maxi dress, in beautiful shades of blue, a red rose was tucked behind her ear, her hair was down and naturally curly.

"Well, I did get all dressed up for you Mr Lennon!" Came her reply.

He took her free hand and kissed it softly. "I really hope you like the surprise I've got planned for you tomorrow!!"