Getting Better

She looked around for any clue as to where Harvey had taken her.

But nothing was coming to her or ringing a bell.

"Emmaline dear, I know it seems like I'm an enemy to you right now, but I am anything but!" Harvey said. "You'll be safe here!"

"For how long, Harvey??" She demanded. "How long will I have to stay here?? How long can you keep me safe?? And where have you taken Julian??" 

"I would die for you Emmaline Elizabeth Mary Hatchford! And you know it!"

"I know that Uncle, but if you put yourself in my shoes, wouldn't you be a worried as me if someone took you away from Aunt Holly?" She asked him.

"My Holly and I were never put in a situation like you are in now!" 

"I beg to differ, Harvey William Gordon!" The doctor argued. "There were many a time in your career where Holly had to be moved somewhere safe, because her life was put a risk, with you hunting down dangerous criminals and murderers!!"

"And all the while, that woman had nerves of steel and you know it!" Harvey continued to dig his heels in "Probably why Wolf never married or had kids!" 

"I just never thought that life would parallel mine, Harvey...become mine, I'm just a humble doctor wanting to spend the rest of my life with my Julian!" She said.

"Wolf and I are working with the Chief to get you two back together, Kitten!" Harvey continued to tell her. "But unless we know someone who is more powerful than the Almasi's, we ain't gonna bring you two lovebirds together, plus, could you imagine, anything happenin' to Lennon? His father was shot dead in cold blood when he was seventeen!"

"You looked this all up?" She asked, with a cheeky grin.

"No, Kitten...I was a big fan of John, both in the Beatles and after, his cover of Stand By Me, I want to be played at my funeral, guess you learn something new every day don't you?"

"So you never fangirled when you met Julian because he wasn't..." 

"Julian is not John, and I am mightly glad that he isn't, doctor. John had his demons, his faults, yes, but he also had good in him. I admit...I was surprised that you managed to, 'land' Julian in the first place!" He said.

"Uncle Harvey!" She scolded. "So will you tell me where I am?"

"You're in my Bamboo Beach Shack, Dr Hatchford" came the voice of a middle-aged man, about the same age as her, "I am Wolf's son, Emmaline"

"You're a fucking liar!" Harvey yelled, pulling out his gun. 

 "Harvey!" Emmaline growled. "He is also the Governor-General of this country! Put your gun away!"

Wolf came into view.

"You TOLD me you have no family, you liar!" Harvey snarled "now I feel my world has been turned upside down! You, have a son?? And he is one of the most powerful men in this country..." 

"Yes, and I can help Emmaline and Julian, I can keep them hidden in plain sight!" Wolf's son said.

Julian came into the little beach shack and Emmaline ran to him and hugged him as tight as she could, then she kissed him.

"How?" Harvey asked, eyeing Wolf, the man he thought he knew.

"You may address me as Your Excellency, Detective," the Governor-General said calmly.

"I will address you however I..."

"Harvey!" Emmaline snarled "He is the Governor-General!" 

 The old detective felt nothing but emptiness and betrayal, so he just walked into the bedroom, and slammed the door.