Words Of Love

"Tilly! TILLY ALMASI!" The female voice yelled across the street.

She stopped dead in her tracks and slowly turned around.

By that time Emmaline was standing just metres from her. She gripped her bouquet tightly and Tilly could see the rage in her eyes behind her vintage birdcage veil. 

"Emmie!" She sobbed "my darl..."  

She was on the ground with a throbbing jaw before she could finish what she was trying to say.

Emmaline Lennon didn't slap, she could punch as well as any man.

"My God!!" Julian swore as he, Sean, Justin and Wolf watched on from the edge of the road. 

"You can't honestly say that surprises you, son," Wolf advised, "there's been a lot of anger bottling up, she needs to release it before she explodes!"

They watched the woman get up off the ground clutching her now throbbing jaw.

"Yes, but will a screaming match look good considering the Governor of Queensland is involved in, in Great Britain, the Queen's country of birth!?" Julian argued.

"She's already punched her out in the street!" Wolf reminded him.

"That's my worry, Logan!" Julian growled, crossing the street to join the ladies.

But Emmaline couldn't stand to look at Tilly, her now bruised jaw was good enough without her having to cause any more fuss on the streets of Liverpool.

As she took Julian's arm and they turned to walk back across the road she heard Tilly's sobbing voice "I'm sorry, Emmaline..."

"Sorry won't bring Harvey back, Mrs Almasi!" She said over her shoulder "Goodbye!" 

"So are you furious with me?" She asked him as they headed back into the building.

"I'm surprised, that's for sure Emmaline" 

"I probably shouldn't have done that, being a representative to Her Majesty, but my anger got the better of me..."

"Well if we get called to Windsor or Balmoral or Buckingham, you're doing the talking!" He told her "now, I'm here to get married, are you?"

"It's about time I got those sisters arrested," She told him as they met Wolf, outside the room where their guests were waiting.

"About time? I should have done it after they had Harv killed! Leave it to me, Your Excellency!" Wolf agreed.

"We will talk later but I will see you in a minute!" Julian said, leaning in to kiss her cheek, he was saving their first kiss as husband and wife.

"I love you, Mr Lennon!" She smiled, holding her bouquet.

"And I love you more Dr Lennon!" 

There was no mention of her being Governor, to him, she was about to become his wife, and was the mother to his daughter, Gracie.

She watched him walk back down the aisle as Gracie and Charlotte fixed her dress.

"This is it, Mum! You're about to get married!"

With the doors still open, everyone was looking.

"This is it, Your Excellency!" Charlotte said, guiding the little girl to begin walking towards her Father.

With Charlotte following behind her and Wolf and Emmaline bringing up the rear the little girl truly felt the spotlight as many people, she didn't even know smiled warmly at her.