#3 Make Good Your Escape

"Emily, what's going on with your hands? Why are there a lot of cuts and bruises on them?" Thomas asks all of a sudden. Emily widens her eyes and thinks about a good answer.

   "Oh, these? I have cats at home and sometimes they can be fierce, so....yeah, they bit me," Emily acts cool.

   "Really? But these don't look like cats' bite. I know because I also have cats at home," Thomas presses Emily's hand with his finger slowly.

   "Ouch!" Emily recoils from Thomas and gives him a death glare and he just laughs. Emily stares at him.

   "What?" Thomas raises one of his eyebrows at Emily.

   "Oh, nothing! I just miss being happy," Emily says softly.

   "What?"

   "Nothing. There's nothing."

   "I thought I heard you said 'miss'. Did you want to say that you miss me?" Thomas knits his brows.

   "Excuse me? No! I said that I just miss..... You know what? Forget it!" Emily drums her fingers on the desk in annoyance.

*******

   Emily never felt happy when she's at home and she only experienced it at school with her best friends. Whenever she got home, she would get yelled at, slapped, hit, kicked and any sorts of torture. She felt like there's an ambush in her house whenever she got home and that's made her depressed. Things got even worse on that day.

   "You dropped my soup!" Jennifer splashes a bowl of chicken soup on Emily's face, making her hair wet and sticky. 'I can taste the deliciousness of this soup, though,' Emily speaks to herself.

   "You're so useless and clumsy. Bla...bla...bla...". Emily cannot concentrate on her mother's words, instead she just washes her face and a bit strands of her hair.

   "Mummy, why do you hate me so much?" Emily cuts off and tries to be strong.

   "None of your business. Go and do your work!" Jennifer turns to leave, but Emily calls her back.

   "Just tell me the truth! Why are you doing this? You have changed from a loving mother to an abusive mother. Why? Do you still love me? Just explain to me. Maybe I can help you. Just tell me now!" Emily pleads and slightly raises her voice. Emily expects her mother to change, but instead she walks to Emily just to slap her across the face. Hard. Too hard and strong until Emily almost falls to the ground. Tears start streaming down her face like a flowing river.

   "I said shut your mouth, but you still waffled on about me. Fine. You wanted to know the truth, right? All right, I'll tell you. When you're growing up, you start to behave like your father, the man that I hate the most in my whole life. You talk like him, walk like him and even smile like him! I also lost my job because of this depression, but I will do my best to make you like me, so........" Jennifer reaches out her hand at Emily's face, but Emily quickly recoils from it.

   "I'm never gonna be like you. I'm not a ball that always get kicked at or bounced because I have feelings too! And I also don't understand why you despise my father so much". After that, Emily runs to her room and takes out her backpack. She has prepared for this and made a decision to look for her real father by herself. She can't stand living like this anymore. It's suicidally depressed!

   "Emily!". Emily hears Jennifer's voice, so she packs her belongings faster and runs towards the window. Her mother bangs her bedroom door loudly and she climbs out of her room through the window carefully.

   After making sure that her feet are safely landing on the ground, she runs away rapidly, not turning back. It is raining heavily, but she doesn't care. The thing that she cares the most is to get out from the Hell House and she managed to accomplish it. Bravo!

*******

   Emily stops running to regain her breath. "How am I going to find my father?" she whispers to herself and puts her hand in her bag, making sure that the important file is in there. She suddenly cries and the tears are blurring her sight, but she keeps on walking.

   All of a sudden, she hears a honk from a car. She turns right and squints at the bright light. She can't either move or scream. It feels like she has been glued on her spot. The last things that she remembered are feeling a severe pain and seeing a jet-black space.

______________________________________

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜