#22 Daisy

It has been two days and now, Emily is lying on the cold floor whilst staring at the dusty ceiling. She is still in the same outfit except her hair that begins to look like dry grass.

   'What are they doing right now? Are they worried about me?' Emily thinks about her family. She puts a hand on her face and wipes across it softly. Then, she remembers something important, making her sit bolt upright.

   "James! What about James? Is he okay? Is he....." Emily stops talking to herself when she heard the door open. She sees a little girl at the door, looking guilty. She just sighs and turns away from her. This kid again...

   The little girl slowly closes the door and walks towards Emily with her hands at the back. She sits beside Emily and opens her mouth to say something, but......

   "Stop it. There's nothing you can say that will make me forgive you," Emily says coldly without looking at the little girl. She doesn't want to believe any strangers right now even though they look innocent, kind or reasonable since this girl lied to her and James about her unconscious father.

   "Okay, okay. But, maybe this will make you change your mind," the little girl shows something at Emily.

   Emily glances at the little girl and notices something familiar on her hand. Her phone! She debates with herself whether she has to trust this girl or not. She sighs and turns to face her.

   "Please believe me! I promise that this time, it's not a trap," the little girl slightly begs after noticing Emily keep staring at her phone doubtfully.

   "You lie to me, I will kill you!" Emily glowers at the little girl and quickly grabs her phone. She wants to unlock it, but there's something that keeps bothering her mind about this girl's demeanour.

   "Wait.. Why are you doing this? Why did you give me my phone? What is your intention?" Emily asks the little girl out of curiosity.

   The little girl widens her eyes when she realised that Emily finally talked to her. She bites her bottom lip before saying, "I'm leaving this evening with my dad and I thought that I could help you before I leave as I always feel guilty for luring you into a trap".

   "You're leaving? Why?" Emily raises her eyebrows after she had gone quiet for a few seconds.

   "I'm going to my grandmother's house. My dad and I are going to stay there for a few weeks," the little girl smiles, probably thinking about her grandmother.

   "Your dad... Is he..." Emily trails away so that the girl can finish her sentence.

   "Yes, he works for Freddy. That's why I had to do what he told me to and I couldn't disobey him because he watched me all the time. If I disobeyed him, he will kill me and my family!" the little girl finishes her sentence with teary eyes. Emily knows that she really despises Freddy.

   Emily smiles a bit and puts her hand on the little girl's shoulder. "Don't worry. He won't kill you. You may live in peace with your family," she smiles again reassuringly.

   "How can you be so sure about that?" the little girl tilts her head to the right.

   Emily doesn't answer. She just smiles instead. Because I have a plan..

   "What are you going to do with that?" the little girl points at Emily's phone.

   Emily looks at her phone and thinks hardly. 'Who am I going to call? Daddy? Thomas? Or the police?' she furrows her eyebrows.

   "You better make your decision now because I'm going to put your phone back to its place or Freddy will know that I helped you," the little girl says anxiously.

   "Where is Freddy? And the others?" Emily looks at the door.

   "They're all having a party upstairs. But, they will go down anytime!" the little girl stares at Emily's phone, hoping that Emily will make her decision faster. Emily nods at her and quickly unlocks her phone and finally decides to call the police since they have the technology to track her.

   "H-hello?"

   "I'm Emily Robertson and.... I don't know where I am and --" Emily stops talking when she heard something above her.

   The little girl gets up and peeps at the small opening of the door. Then, she urges Emily to keep talking and continues staring out the door.

   "I don't know. Please, hurry.." Emily desperately pleads at the person at the other side of the line. She bites the bottom of her lips frequently and taps her knees in deep anxiety. I hope they get my location as soon as possible.

   "Someone's coming!" the little girl closes the door and hurries to Emily who quickly hangs up. She takes the phone and rushes to the door back.

   "Wait! What's your name?" Emily calls.

   "Daisy.." the little girl smiles sweetly whilst holding the doorknob.

   "Thank you so much, Daisy!" Emily waves her hand at Daisy and she nods at her and leaves, closing the door softly.

   I forgive you, Daisy.

*******

   Thomas opens the door of Emily's bedroom and heads inside. He still remembers the day when Emily came to this room and he could see her eyes shining with excitement. He chuckles softly when he suddenly remembered that he always barged into her room without knocking the door first. And the last time he did that, she called him 'pervert' and then he pulled her hair and slammed the door in her annoyed face. He got so comfortable with her that he loved to tease her like any normal brothers always do to their sister.

   "Thomas!" Andrew walks into Emily's bedroom, panting and Thomas can see that his father is trying to tell him something urgent.

   "What is it, Dad?" Thomas stands up straight.

   "The police told me just now that Emily called them and they managed to trace the location of the call," Andrew says. An expression of glad sweeps over his face.

   "Really? Where is she, then?" Thomas can't help, but smile too.

   "I'm not sure. Maybe at the countryside," Andrew answers calmly.

   "So, what are we going to do now?"

   "We'll talk to your mum and the police first," Andrew smiles at Thomas before leaving the room.

   Thomas nods at his father and keeps on smiling. Maybe he will see his twin sister this week. He already misses her.

______________________________________

This is Chapter 22 ~!

Currently, I'm writing for Chapter 24 and I almost arrive at the end of this book.

Aww ~ Thomas misses Emily. And the police knew her location! But, what about Freddy? Does he know that Daisy helped Emily? What is going to happen to her?

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜