#6 Another One

"Oh, no! I'm wet right now!" Emily exclaims and tries to chase after Grace who just splashed water on her. Right now, Emily joins Elizabeth, Sam and Grace playing in the swimming pool. The children play at the shallow pool while Emily just sits at the edge of it. She doesn't want to swim at the deep swimming pool because she knows that she can't swim and she's afraid of drowning.

    "Emily, catch this ball!" Sam throws a blue ball towards Emily and she catches it recklessly. Sam just laughs at her.

    A few minutes later, Emily hears footsteps behind her. Grace looks up and squeals, "You're back!". Emily turns back and sees a man with a classy suit. All of the children push themselves out of the swimming pool and run towards the man.

    "I bought something for you. It's in the kitchen," the man says and the three of them prance to the door. Emily quickly stands up and follows them and she realises that the man is following right behind her.

    "Hey, Stephen! You're home," William appears from nowhere after they have arrived at the kitchen. Emily slowly turns back and the man named Stephen is already standing behind her. 'So this is my other stepbrother,'  she thinks.

    "You haven't met Emily, right? So, this is her. Our new sister," William says and puts his hand on Emily's shoulder.

    "Oh, hi, Emily!" Stephen smiles at Emily, showing his strong and white teeth.

    "Hello, Stephen!" Emily smiles back shyly. Why is everyone in this house so friendly?

    "I know that you're here, so I bought you something," Stephen gives Emily a medium-sized paper bag and she takes it hesitantly.

    "Thank you," Emily says softly.

    "You bought something for her? What about me?" William folds his arms, acting like a child.

    "Don't be ridiculous," Stephen smacks William's head and walks towards the stairs. "Oh, Emily! I hope you like the present," he continues. Emily just smiles at him.

    "What did he give you?" William peeks into the bag, so Emily takes out its content.

    "A notebook and a jumper!" Emily spins around with the pink jumper. It looks cosy and adorable! It fits her perfectly.

    "Just those? I will give you something better than those, Emily! You just have to wait," William speaks and then runs upstairs.

    "Okay..." Emily watches William confusingly.

*******

    That night, Emily and Thomas watch the television with Stephen and William. As they were enjoying a fighting scene, Emily's phone rings. She picks up the phone and sees a name of a person that she scared of.

    Mummy...

    Emily stands up and walks away from them. She just watches her phone, not answering her mother's call. Does she have to answer it? She closes her eyes and decides 'no' as the answer. Then, the phone stops ringing. She goes back to watching television and sits beside Thomas.

    "Who's that?" Thomas asks as Emily puts her phone back on a table in front of them.

    "Uh...." Emily hesitates to answer and then her phone starts ringing again. All four of them change their view towards it. Mummy...

    "What? Did she call you just now? Did you answer her call?" Thomas picks up Emily's phone.

    "Yes, she did. And no, I didn't answer her," Emily shakes her head. All her brothers stare at her. After that, William snatches Emily's phone from Thomas' hand and presses the red button and does something on her phone.

    "I put her contact on the blacklist so that she can't call you again," William slides the phone on the table and leans back on the sofa. His jaw's tight as a sign that he is angry. Emily never sees him angry like that before because she knows that he is a cheerful person. Maybe William wants to protect her from her mother.

    Before Emily changes her view at the television, she glances at Thomas, William and Stephen lovingly.

______________________________________

I want to write more about Emily's moments with her brothers ~ 😙

♡♥♡♥♡♥
Bye-bye !! Love you ~! ❤💙💜