#18 Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

"Hey, Emily! Are you sure about this?" Thomas grabs Emily's arm, stopping her from walking further.

   "Sure about what?" Emily successfully wriggles her arm out of Thomas' firm grip.

   "To go to...our mum's house after school," Thomas whispers.

   "Yeah, of course! You never meet her, so this is your grand opportunity to spend time with our mother," Emily nudges Thomas, but he just stays silent. "I know that you're nervous. I felt it too when I first met Daddy".

   "But your situation was different than mine," Thomas mutters whilst walking through the corridor. Emily raises her eyebrow at him and sighs.

   "Hey, THOMAS!!!" the twins heard a group of boys shouting on their right, so they turn simultaneously.

   "You finally came to school!"

   "I missed you so much! Let me look at you."

   Emily chuckles at the interaction between Thomas and his friends. One of Thomas' friends tries to hold his face so that he could look at him, but Thomas quickly slaps his hand away and his friend pretends to be hurt by putting his hand on his chest.

   "You're so funny," Emily comments and continues laughing. The boys who heard Emily's voice, walk towards her swiftly.

   "Oh, Emily! Thank you so much for taking care of our precious diamond. Here, please accept my sign of appreciation," one of them whose name is Mason spreads out his arms whilst walking closer to Emily.

   "Hey! Don't ever think about it," Thomas stands in front of Emily and puts his hand on Mason's chest to stop him from hugging his twin sister. Emily just smiles and shakes her head at them. Suddenly, she feels someone patting her shoulder from behind.

   "Oh, hey, Kate!" Emily turns around to face her best friend.

   "Are you done? Let's go!" Katherine pulls Emily's arm.

   "Okay. Bye-bye, Tom!" Emily pats Thomas' back making him turn around and both of them wave at each other.

   "She called you Tom? How adorable!" Emily hears one of them say.

   "Bye, Emily!" all of Thomas' friends exclaim in unison. Emily smiles shyly and then she sees one of them whispering at Thomas causing the latter to smack his head and the others to laugh. 'What were they talking about?'  Emily just shrugs.

   "Wow, Emily! You have a lot of fans lately," Katherine elbows Emily's arm and smirks at her.

   "Not fans. Friends," Emily corrects, stressing the last word.

   "Whatever you say, Em," Katherine folds her arms and smiles at herself.

*******

   Emily is jogging through the corridor, searching for a place called 'studio'. Actually, she has no idea where that place is. She has to go because someone just told her that Harry wanted to meet her there.

   "Where the heck is the studio?" Emily talks to herself while looking around. In a blink of an eye, she feels someone pulling her arm into a room. She quickly looks front to stare at the culprit and her eyes dilate when she saw Harry.

   "You startled me, Harry!" Emily punches Harry's shoulder.

   "I had to pull you in because you just went past this studio!" Harry defends himself and rubs his sore shoulder. He didn't think that Emily could hit him this hard. He's used to get punched by her, but this time it's quite strong. She's so unexpected.