#21 An Eye For An Eye

Emily wakes up in a strange room and stretches her limbs. Wait... This is not her bedroom. This room looks dull and boring. She gets out of the bed and looks out the window. She doesn't see much. Just evergreen trees, a beautiful lake and... Oh, there's an enormous mountain! She gazes at the mountain excitedly. Enchanting ~

   As Emily was enjoying the tranquil view, someone from the outside opens the door of the room. She turns her head and sees an unknown man standing in the doorway.

   "Oh, look! The princess has awoken," the man says loudly and smirks at Emily who is backing away from the window.

   'I just remembered that I had been kidnapped!' Emily stares emotionlessly at the man, trying to act cool.

   Two more men come into the room and Emily looks at them one by one and when her gaze lands on a man that stands in front of her, she furrows her eyebrows as she feels like she had seen and met him before.

   "Hey, Emily! Remember me?"

*******

   Jennifer enters Andrew's house after she heard the news about Emily's abduction. She sees Andrew and Thomas in the living room and approaches them. She notices other people too, but she chooses to ignore them.

   "What happened, actually?" Jennifer asks Andrew.

   "Emily got kidnapped and her friend got shot. I.... I don't know. It happened so fast," Andrew replies without looking at Jennifer.

   "What? Who did this to her? How --" Jennifer puts a hand on her mouth when she feels something painful in her heart. Her only daughter. Someone took her away forcefully and a friend of hers got shot just to save her. She wonders who the friend is. She feels something wet on her cheeks and she realises that she's been crying.

   "Mum..." Thomas walks towards Jennifer and hugs his mother to calm her down. He is more than hurt to see his parents sad. He is also hurt to know that his twin sister just got kidnapped. He was appalled after James told him the whole situation. Oh... James. He prays silently in his heart that his friend will soon recover from his operation.

   "Jennifer, I promise to you that we will find her. The police are still trying so hard to track her down and helping us to get her back safely," Andrew tries to set his and Jennifer's mind at rest. He's scared too if something bad happened at his daughter.

   Jennifer sighs shakily as Thomas leads her to a sofa so that she can rest and sit down comfortably. She looks up and sees two people sitting in front of her. The woman, who she thinks is Andrew's wife, smiles at her sympathetically and she gives her a small smile. The young man beside the woman must be Andrew's stepson. She never met them before, but she knew who they are.

   Suddenly, Jennifer's phone rings and she is surprised to see Emily's name. She glances at Andrew who nods at her, telling her to answer the call.

   "Hello? Emily?"

   "Hi, Jenny."

   Jennifer's heart beats faster as she thinks that she would never hear that voice again.

*******

   15 minutes earlier ...

   "Hey, Emily! Remember me?"