#17 Dr. Stephen Ainsley

After several minutes walking and running from her mother's house to her father's house, Emily finally arrived in front of the entrance door. She opens the door quietly and goes to the living room. She practically throws herself on a sofa that looks cosy and soft to her. Her sight is swirling and starting to blur, so she closes her eyes and shakes her head. 'Oh, I'm dying. Where is Dr. Stephen Ainsley?' she sighs and laughs at herself. Suddenly, she feels someone coming closer to her. She just ignores that until she hears a familiar voice.

   "Emily! You're back!!"

   Emily lifts her head up to see Grace standing a few feet from her. She picks up a pillow and throws it at Grace to shut her up, but she feels so weak, so the pillow just lands in front of Grace instead. She groans and sits up straight and tries to grab the pillow despite the fact that her hands shake and her body shivers. In a blink of an eye, she sees another hand taking the pillow away. Through her swirling sight, she saw a hairy, creepy-looking hand, so she screams and accidentally falls from the sofa and onto the cold floor.

   "Ouch!" Emily rubs her nose and stays on the floor, never wants to get up as she hears William's voice.

   "Gosh, I'm sorry! Are you all right, Emily?" William comes nearer and holds Emily's arm to pick her up. Emily can hear that he tries not to laugh at her clumsiness.

   "Hmm..." Emily mumbles as she closes her eyes and feels herself being pulled up to her feet. She keeps her head down, making her long hair cover her face.

   "Are you all right? Your hand feels hot," William asks whilst squeezing Emily's left hand slightly.

   "No, I'm fine!" Emily quickly pulls her hand away.

   "Are you sure?" William raises his eyebrow. Emily wanted to answer him, but she suddenly stops when she hears a familiar voice beside her.

   "I feel so warm right now". Emily sees Grace wrapping her petite arms round Emily's legs.

   "Huh?" Emily tries to hold her laughter at Grace's adorable action.

   "You have a fever, Em," Grace states making Emily stumble back from her and William.

   "Ahh.. I was thinking the same thing!" William nods in realisation. Emily narrows her eyes as she notices William and Grace doing the high five in front of her.

   "Whatever. I'm going to my room," Emily rolls her eyes and takes a few steps away from her siblings.

   "Wait... Where were you this morning?" William asks causing Emily to stop in her tracks.

   "I thought Thomas had already told you," Emily turns back whilst rubbing her head that starts throbbing.

   "Well, I didn't believe what you told him," William folds his arms and tilts his head to the right.

   "Okay," Emily responds shortly and walks faster towards her bedroom to avoid being asked more questions by William, the inquisitor.

   "Hey, wait!" William follows Emily, but she quickly runs towards Thomas' bedroom. She opens the door without knocking it first and accidentally falls on the floor again.

   "Woah!" Thomas, who is playing a video game on his computer jumps in surprise. Emily laughs awkwardly and quickly stands up.

   "Oh! Welcome home, Emily," Thomas says while turning his attention back to his video game. Emily frowns and walks slowly to Thomas' bed.

   "You better talk to her, Thomas," William stands in the doorway and glances at Emily who is folding her arms and sticking out her bottom lip rebelliously. Then, he closes the door to give the twins some space to converse with each other.