#15 Painful Truth

Harry is listening deeply to Emily's story whilst putting his chin on his left hand. Meanwhile, Katherine and Anthony, who already knew about her story just stay quiet and eat their lunch.

   When Katherine heard Harry's sigh, she looks up and turns her attention to Emily and Harry. "So, what's your conclusion, Harry?"

   Harry takes a deep breath and then says, "Emily, I think you --"

   "I should visit her? Yeah, everyone said that," Emily folds her arms.

   "No, I just wanted to say that if you need someone to accompany you, I'm here to help. I want to see your mother too. It's been a while since the last time I saw her," Harry leans back to his chair.

   "Yeah, I think the last time my mother and I went to your house is during your little sister's birthday party. Three years ago, maybe?" Emily taps her cheek, trying to remember.

   "Oh, that party! Do you still remember when you pushed me into the swimming pool and you laughed so hard at me?" Harry pats the table and giggles at the memory.

   "Of course I do! And then someone pushed me into the pool. When I looked back, it was Mr....Mr.... What's his name, Haz?" Emily clicks her fingers.

   "Mr. Francis?"

   "Yes, Mr. Francis!" Emily claps her hands and laughs with Harry. Katherine and Anthony join them laughing as they found Emily and Harry's childhood story quite amusing. Emily looks at the ceiling, trying to remember Mr. Francis' face and when she does, her smile turns into a frown as the memory of a man staring at her from afar in a bookshop reappeared in her mind. He is the man!

   "Emily? Are you okay?" Anthony leans forward to Emily who is sitting in front of him when he realised that she suddenly became quiet.

   "Huh? Yeah, I'm fine!" Emily gives Anthony a fake smile and then turns to Harry. "Mr. Francis... He is a close friend of our mothers, right, Harry?"

   "Yup.." Harry slowly nods his head.

   "Okay," Emily replies shortly and decides not to tell her friends that she met Mr. Francis at a bookshop and he asked her questions. 'But, why was he asking me weird questions? Maybe Mummy asked him to do so,'  Emily talks to herself.

   "What were you saying?" Katherine suddenly asks making Emily shake her head and continue eating her lunch. Katherine eyes Emily suspiciously, but shrugs it off after that. "Hey, Em! Tell Harry about James," Katherine elbows Emily. Harry looks at both girls and raises his eyebrow at Emily. She sighs and tells the whole story of James and Mark to him.

   After Harry has done hearing it, he blinks his eyes and says, "Wow! I didn't expect that at all".

   "Yeah. What can I say? This is a small world," Emily stretches her arms and her hand hits someone at the back. She turns around and sees Felicia with her mouth wide open. Felicia blinks her eyes and quickly sits beside Emily.

   "Is it true, Emily?" Felicia asks and Emily just nods. "And.. I'm really sorry about your mother, Em. I hope she will get better soon," she puts her hand on Emily's and the two of them smile sincerely at each other.

   Then, they heard a tintinnabulation echoing through the corridors of the school.

   "Well, break time is over. Let's go learning something new!" Anthony wipes his mouth with a tissue paper and gets up from his chair.

   "Both of us have to go to the Music Room for a rehearsal," Felicia points to herself and Harry.

   "Rehearsal? For what?" asks Emily.