Chapter Fifteen

"Hey" I smile hugging my aunt Theresa

"Hey girlfriend we missed ya!" She opens her door and invites me in. They still live in Littleton Colorado, but since the last time I was there, they moved homes. They never really told me or the rest of my family why, but our theory is that they had to in order to keep the money they invested, and selling was the only option.

"Mandy" my cousin Jenna come running from the couch

"Hey" I laugh, it's Saturday so she doesn't have school

My cousin Cameron comes out, and I can hear Julia trudging up the stairs. I greet them all then we sit on the couch with my uncle who only greets me verbally.

"So what's the plan for today?" I ask

"We thought we'd take you snow boarding, ya know, since there's no snow in Cali"

"That's not true" my uncle furrows his eyebrows "You got Yosemite, and Tahoe, which are both popular places"

"Yeah" I agree "I honestly go to Oregon more then Tahoe but"

"Oh you already know how to?" Jenna asks me and I nod

"My friend Nyah's mom lives in Oregon so I fly out with her some times"

"Where do you guys go?" Theresa asks me

"Mount Bachelor" I nod  "She gets a free seasons pass because her mom works there"

"That's sick" Cameron nods

So we go out to lunch at Black Eye Pees, I get the chicken fried chicken, and they get the same. It's there most popular menu item, along with the chicken fried steak. When we're finished eating, we head over to the mountain. We decide to buy tickets for a lift at a Blue Diamond, but before that I buy my gear.

"What kind of board are you going to get?" My cousin Cameron smirks, he probably think I don't know what I'm getting

"Probably a Santa Cruz board" I nod "Braille did a review on them, and I heard there pretty good"

"Nice nice" I get my board, and some snow shoes, jacket, and the rest of my items, then put them on in the bathroom and head to the lift

My and Jenna ride together, then Cameron and my aunt Theresa. When they go skying or snow boarding, usually it's because my grandpa and grandma drive out from Cali to visit. My grandpa is seventy four, and still going to the gym everyday, and snow boarding. He's such an amazing person and inspiration in my life. I wish he could be out here with us right now.

"You ready?" Jenna asks me

"I've been on a lift before" I laugh, then as we near the ground I prepare to get off, and slide out perfectly, as does my cousin. My aunt on the other hand, falls forward. She doesn't really snow board, neither does Jenna, but there at the advanced park.

"Need help aunty?" I ask, she's on skies instead

"No I got it honey" she says then falls over

"Mom!" Jenna shrieks, going to pick her up, but then falling as well, then they start laughing

"Jenna!" The mom retorts back, "Get off of me!"

"Let's let them figure it out" Cameron nudges me "How bout you and I race?"

"Your on" I push him a bit and he falls back in the snow

"Three two one go!"

"Hey!" He says, trying to get back up, then I take off down the hill. I look down at my go pro and turn it on, then reattach it to my helmet, and keep my eyes on the trail. I can hear the snow behind me, and I know he's catching up, so I look back and he him, then look forward and bend my knees, trying make myself lighter so I'll glide easier, and lean forward. I make a turn and then follow it down, and it starts getting steep. Just like a skate board, I start getting speed wobbles, so I look down so that I can get it on camera, and power slide a bit, then turn switch. Cameron's right next to me now and pushes me a bit, so I power slide, back into my regular. He goes in front, but I spray him with snow and he starts to loose balance. I power slide again, giving me distance, so when he falls I can dodge him.