Chapter Twenty Three

The crowd is scream and for once I'm actually nervous to play. "Your gonna do great out there" my mom puts her hand on my shoulder, so I smile and walk out, looking back to see Ashlyn, her friend Sarah, my mom, dad, Cole, and our friend Zach. I go up, and the lights fade on, so grab the mic and say "What's up Oakland!?" I don't cuss in my intro, not because my moms here but my dad "Tonight's a really special show for me, because my family, and my boyfriend, and friend are all here to see me. And they've never watched me play before. So I hope you, and they enjoy!"

Everyone cheers and I look over one last time, then pick up my Standard acoustic and play Mr Doctor Man, after I do Bones Exposed, because those are the two songs I play best. Then after I play a special song, Kissing in Cars. I change the She to he though, kind of as a dedication to Cole. "You remind him, that your feature, would mean nothing without him" I look over at him and he has the biggest smile "No! At the top of our lungs there's no, no such thing as too young"

At the end of the song I do If you Can't hang, King for a Day, then Your gonna go far kid; which felt weird cussing in cause of my dad. Then at the last song, Sam rolls on a drum set.

"Did I take too long?" I laugh, grabbing the mic, but he finishes "Um...?"

He runs over to me, "and now for Conway Twitty"

"What?" I laugh, furrowing my eyebrows, so he huffs and rolls his eyes

"Do you not watch family guy?"

"Oh" I sing "Wait but-"

"Cole get on the fucking stage" Sam says, and my eyes go wide, then Cole walks out

"You said if I learned Bulls In The Bronx I could play with you" he smiles, as Sam runs off the stage

"Oh yeah" I smile back "Wait, Ashlyn will you come song for me then? I can't sing while playing guitar"
My sister runs on stage and I laugh, "Okay so my boyfriend" I kiss him cheek "Is gonna drum and my sister is gonna sing, hope you enjoy!"

I hand my mic to Ashlyn and then Cole claims his spot on the drum set. Cole starts banging away at the drums so I pick out the intro, and my sister starts singing, "Do you know? I count your heartbeat before you sleep. I bite my fingernails till bone! Then I crawl back under the stairway to a place I call my home!"

The whole song feels just like Pierce The Veil, because instead of being in a band with my brother I'm with my sister. Then that makes me remember! I need to call Vic so he can play with me in San Diego!

When the songs finished, I snatch the mic from Ashlyn and say "One more song! Let's play Come as you are"

I pick out the intro once then Cole joins in, we kind of mess up because Ashlyn doesn't know the ques and where to song when. But I'm happy they were up there with me. When it's finished, we all run off stage, and I roll off the equipment.

"Awe my baby!" My mom hugs my sister, kissing her head  "You did good too Mandy"

"Thanks" I nod, then my mom says "Me and your dad are going to go home now, are you coming?"

"No" I shake my head, furrowing my eyebrows "I'm going to San Diego tomorrow"

"I told you, you weren't allowed to" My mom says

"Mom" I says

"No your coming home" she demands

"I already did all my school work, I did everything I was-"

"It's not an option Amanda-"

"Cindy, just let her go" my dad sighs

"So your not gonna back me up josh?"

"She's already been gone for a month, just let her finish. A few more days won't hurt"

"Let's fucking go" My mom stomps away, and I feel like crying

"The fuck" Sarah mumbles and my sister rolls her eyes

"She's so over dramatic" My sister concludes

"You can either go watch in the pit or back here, I don't care but don't get in the way or talk to any of the band members"

I grab Coles hand and try to lead him back to the green room, but he doesn't come with me, "I want to stay and watch the show" he says

"Oh of course" I nod, laughing a bit "It's just I see it so much that's it's not worth watching for me I guess"

"I get it" he nods, then pulls me closer to him and wraps his arm around my shoulder

"I wish you still played guitar Zach, you could've played with us" I smile

"Uhhh" He hums and I laugh "I brought marajuana"

"Oh" I sing and then we laugh "After the show?"

"I kind of brought two ounces so like if your friends want we can hot box the bus" he smirks

"I don't wanna fuck up the drivers driving" I frown "And we're not aloud to smoke in the green room. But also you guys have to drive, I don't wanna-"

"We're taking Bart" Cole tells me

"Oh" I sing

For the first time in a long time I sit and watch both Asking Alexandria and Black Veil Bride's sets. When it's over, we end up retiring back into the green room, but only me, Cole, and Zach, because my sister and her friend go home.

"Who's your friends?" Cc smiles, wrapping his arm around me

"My friend Zach and boy friend Cole" I explain, Andy looks kind of mad and when I look at him he looks away

"Your really lucky to be able to date Amanda" Cc says "She's truly amazing, and so beautiful"

Cole kind of looks mad then awkwardly says, "Thanks"

"Don't break her heart or we'll all kidnap you and slowly torture you, and we'll get away with it too because we're famous" Jinx smiles, and Cole laughs

"Why does he think your kidding?" Cc loudly whispers go Jinx

"That's enough guys"

"I got tree" Zach says "And a smoking device"

"Who wants some?" I ask

"Me" Cc declares

"Cc, your already loud and annoying and hyper enough as it is" Ashly says

"And you don't need any because your already horny enough as it it, and all of us have long hair so I don't want you to be hornier and confused" Cc backfires and everyone laughs

"I don't smoke anyway" Ashly chuckles

"Maybe it'll calm him down" Andy laughs "I'll pass but I want to see CC high"

"Well I'll take some" Jake smiles, but Jinx lightly declines

"Let's get Ben" I laugh

"Okay" they all agree, so we all go to the asking Alexandria room and get Ben, and then Cameron rags along, and we all go outside by the busses. We pass around Zach's bong, and thankfully everyone knows how to use it. Andy ends up giving into temptation too, and we're all fucked up and happy, then we invite them onto the bus, and get drunk too.

"Dude, I don't want you going on dangerous BART like this" I stumble into Cole, and he just kisses me, and grabs my ass, and I kiss back, forgetting everyone around us, when we pull away, I see no ones noticed, so I grab him hand and lead him dizzily, back into the bathroom.