Chapter.2

NIALL'S POV

My shift at the hospital rolled on quickly and before i knew it,it was 5 minutes to 10pm my clocking out time.

I gathered my stuff and got ready to leave when i heard ambulance sirens outside.I sighed and rushed outside to help who ever was brought in the ambulance.

Turns out there had been an accident on one of the highways and eighth victims' lives were hanging by a thread.My heart broke when i saw them especially the little girl who miraculously got out with just a bruise on her arm.I felt pity for her knowing exactly what she was going through seeing her parents in that state.

I ended up staying all night in the little girl's room because for some unknown reason she did not want me to leave the room while her parents were undergoing surgery.She screamed and cried when I stood up to get some food from the cafeteria.She only stopped when I promised her that I was coming back.

After my quick meal,I went back to the room.She told me her name is Cara and that she wanted to be a teacher when she grew up.She said her mum was a teacher and she wanted to be like her.She continued telling me about herself until she dosed off.It didn't take me long to dose off as well on the hospital chair.

*

I woke to someone poking my cheek repeatedly.I opened my eyes to see Cara giving me an innocent smile.

I took her to her mother's room when I had confirmed that it was okay to visit her. The woman was ecstatic to see her little girl and apologized for any inconvenience her daughter caused.

I told her it was alright and after saying bye to both of them i left.

I knew i would not be able to go to work if i went home first so I just drove straight to the cafe to have breakfast and proceeded to 'NH' for work.

I walked out of the elevator towards my office still dressed in my hospital uniform. Everytime I clock out of the hospital in the morning I just come to work in the uniform and take a shower then get a change of clothes from our many brands.And that's exactly what I did.

I quickly showered and wore grey skinny jeans and a black button up shirt,i completed my look with black vans.

I had been absorbed in work that I lost track of time.Again.
When I checked the time it was past my lunch time.
I sighed and decided to call it a day seeing as I really needed to rest and catch up on my much needed sleep.

"Niall don't go please I'll be so bored without you my cupcake"Mrs Green said when i told her am leaving early today.

"It's not like I'm going forever.."I started with an eye role.She was really dramatic at times."I had like three hours of sleep last night,I'm really tired.And am not working at the hospital tonight so I'll be here the whole day tomorrow.We'll even go out for lunch if you want."I coaxed with a smile.She agreed and waved at me.

I stood at the elevator door waiting for it to open so that I can go home.I was almost asleep now.When the door opened i was about to go in until I saw all the four members of 1D pile out.

"Niall!"Zayn grinned when he saw me."How are you?Am sorry I didn't tell you but i changed my number two weeks ago when it got in the wrong hands"He rushed out his explanation.

"It's alright Zayn.Besides it's not like I missed you or anything"I replied with a cheeky smile.

Zayn put his hand over his heart and faked being hurt.
"Oh Niall,how will i leave with this hurt?You really didn't miss me?At all?"he said while wiping fake tears.

We all burst out laughing except for Harry who was busy on his phone.When we all calmed down,Louis spoke with an outstretched and offering me a handshake.