Chapter.25

I leave my heart open but it stays
right here empty for
days

____________________________________

NIALL'S POV

I had spent the whole of yesterday with Gemma.She came with me to my appointment and actually cried when she saw pickles.

After that she dragged me shopping and bought pickles a lot of baby stuff.

Pickles is already being spoilt before even being born.
The baby room was filled with a LOT of things from my parents,Maria and even more from JB.

Then there's Gemma's own stack of things.

I hadn't even got started on the nursery.

I wasn't feeling so well today so I actually planned on having a lazy day.Just me and pickles.

As soon as I finished breakfast,my door bell rung and I was surprised because I was not expecting anyone and Maria has a key,she doesn't even ring the bell.

I lazily walked to the door and opened it.

"Hello." Liam stood there grinning at me.

"Hi Li,what are you doing here?" I asked as I hugged him.I hadn't seen them since they came back but we always talk.

"Wow,pickles is growing huh?" He smiled when my belly poked him.

"Yeah." I smiled back at him.

"Come in Li." I opened the door wider and he stepped in.

We went to my living room and sat down on the couch.

"You want anything to drink?" I asked him while getting up.

"No I'm fine Ni,i actually just came to invite you back to the penthouse.We are hanging out." He said and I smiled.

I also knew it wouldn't be awkward because Gemma told me that Harry will be staying home until Friday.

"I was planning on a lazy day with but that sounds pretty amazing." I answered with a smile.

He fist pumped as I went upstairs to get dressed.

I came back a few minutes later wearing my elasticated waist jeans and a black tank top.

"I'm ready." I announced.

"Great,shall we?" He stood up.

I followed him back to my door and grabbed my keys and wallet from the entry way table.

Then I slipped on shoes and a jacket.

I pocketed my phone and locked the door then Liam led me to his car and we drove off.

"So,how have you and pickles been?" He asked as he drove.

My hand subconsciously rubbed my belly in circles.I had been doing that lately.

"We are alright...I guess." I said and looked out of the window.

"You guess?" He shot me a brief glance.

"Yeah I mean being pregnant is not easy,it comes with a lot of things Li.But as long as I get to see my little angel at the end of it all then I'm good." I explained and he nodded not taking his eyes off the road.

We continued to talk about my pregnancy and how I've been feeling.

After a while we changed it to Zayn and I saw a blush creeping up on his cheeks but I think he fought it.