Chapter.18

NIALL'S POV

I sat in the cafe sipping on my coffee while Melissa stared at me from across the small table.

I had been feeling down ever since I threw up and Harry found me the previous day. I had snapped on him and he ended up leaving with the rest of the boys after dinner.

I had politely asked him to leave since I didn't want to be around anyone but he started insisting so I snapped and he stormed out.

When I woke up that morning, I still didn't want to be around people but I needed my coffee so I drove to the cafe on my way to 'NH' and when I got there Melissa insisted that I stay for a bit and I hadn't seen her in a long time so I agreed.

"Okay spill. Whats going on in that pretty head of yours?" She asked and pulled me away from my thoughts.

Apparently, she had been telling me something about her and Ken but I zoned out.

"I'm sorry Mel, I've got a lot on my mind, what were you saying?" I asked her and took another small sip.

"I was telling you that Ken apologized and made me see his point of view. But that aside, what's wrong?" She asked.

I sighed.

"I'm just thinking about Harry." I told her hoping she would drop it.

But that was Melissa Holt we were talking about. She didn't know how to drop issues.

"What about him? Are you guys okay?" She pressed.

"I...He's just been acting weird lately. I don't know maybe I'm just being paranoid." I tried to explain not sure if I was making sense.

"Oh? How weird?" She asked again.

"I don't wanna talk about it!" I snapped at her.

She flinched and I immediately apologized.

"I'm so sorry Mel I didn't mean to snap at you." I told her.

"It's okay Ni. But whatever it is just know that I'm always here to listen okay?" She held my hand in hers.

"I know Mel.Thanks." I squeezed her hand.

It was quiet for a bit until I decided to speak up.

"Harry has been acting distant lately, he seems to always be deep in thought." I took a deep breath. "And then yesterday I snapped at him for hardly any reason and he just... stormed off on me...It's so unlike him." I quietly ranted.

Melissa kept squeezing my hand in reassurance.

I didn't want to sound naggy but Melissa was a good listener and I trusted her so I continued.

"Maybe I'm the problem. I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I've just been down for no reason I mean...am I even making sense Mel?" I stressed.

"Not exactly but I know what you are trying to say." She said.

"You do?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Listen Niall we all have those moments when you just wanna be alone and all. You are good and as for Harry the guy loves you Ni. He'll come around okay?" She told me and I nodded.

"Just ring him up and let him know that you did not mean to snap." She said.

That's why I liked Melissa. She was cheeky most times but she also knew what to say when she knew it was something serious.

"Thanks Melissa, I feel so much better already." I smiled at her.

"I'm always here to make you feel better." She winked and then flashed me a cheeky smile.