Chapter.29

Though I try to get you out of my head.
The truth is I got lost without
you.

____________________________________

Dedicated to haz8529.A massive thank you for all the support love.

____________________________________

HARRY'S POV

"Go see him Harry. You haven't seen him since he woke up four hours ago. And now you just want to leave?" Maura asked me when I was about to leave.

"I'll come back later Maura. There are lots of other people here to see him, I'll see him when they've all cleared up." I tried to talk my way out of not seeing Niall.

She didn't wanna let me get away with it, though.

"Harry I'm sorry for pushing you but...I'm confused here. You spent everyday with Niall by his bedside hoping and waiting for him to wake up. And now that's he's awake you don't wanna see him?" She looked puzzled but I had my reasons.

"I'll be back, I'll see him when I come back." I tried not to meet her gaze as I said that.

She signed and held my wrist then pulled me to an empty bench so that we could both sit down.

"Harry I'm a mother and even if I may not be your mum, I can see that a son is struggling. Please dont struggle alone, there's a reason you don't want to see Niall and I'll respect it but whatever you are going through just know that I'll always be here to listen to you." By the time she was done, I had tears brimming my eyes.

She hugged me and I cried in her chest and when I had calmed down, I did what I didn't expect that I'd do. Ever.

I told her the story of my love life with Niall. Everything, from the beginning till now.

She listened careful and not once did she interrupt me.

When I was done, I looked at her and saw that silent tears were streaming down her face. She cried silently for what felt like forever.

Each minute that passed made me fear the worst, and frankly, I was expecting her to lash and snap at me because of how I treated her son.

I deserved it.

However, when she spoke up, her words were something that I wasn't expecting.

"Harry, as much as I want to yell and do all sorts of horrible things to you for hurting my baby, I can't find it in me."

I gave her a puzzled look and she sighed then she continued.

"I can't believe that he went through all that without telling us." She said quietly but I heard her.

"I'm sorry Maura. I know no amount of words will be enough to say how sorry I am but please forgive me." I said with a quivering voice.

"These five days you've spent with him here have proven how remorseful you are and therefore, I won't hold anything against you Harry. I see it in your eyes, you love Niall." Maura said and I couldn't believe my ears.

"Thank you thank you thank you so much. I love Niall so much I could gladly give him my life." I gushed out.

We talked about Niall some more with me apologizing over and over again and her assuring me that the past was in the past.

"But why don't you want to see him?" She asked after we had talked for almost an hour.

I didn't wanna tell anyone why I was not willing to face Niall yet but I figured I owed to her.