Chapter.16

NIALL'S POV

After all the casualties were attended to and transported to the hospital, everyone from my hospital gathered around in the large tent that had been set up.

I saw my boyfriend sitting on a chair fighting to stay awake. I almost cooed at the sight.

I knew he was tired and I wasn't surprised, the previous night was exhausting for us and then we got up very early that day and instead of resting, we found ourselves there offering the help we could.

That was my life. I was used to neglecting my own sleep and rest just so I could help somebody in need, but my boyfriend was not. And thus, he was tired. We had been there from 10 AM and it was 4pm at the moment.

I looked at him again and he was now asleep. Some other people who wore the volunteer aprons where also showing clear exhaustion signs.

The whole time I was attending to  patients ,Harry was beside me and we made a good team, he would actually make a good health personnel and he was a fast learner.

At one point we had to attend to patients respectively and he actually took vitals and wound-dressed someone quicker than me.

I pulled a chair and sat next to him then I rested his head on my shoulder. He stirred awake and looked at me.

"Baby..." He trailed off, too tired to speak.

"Sleep baby, I'll wake you up when we have to go." I told him and he closed his eyes.

I felt like someone was staring at me and when I looked to my right, I was met with the stare of a student doctor, Daniel. Ever since me and Harry became a couple, Danny had been giving me looks that resembled glares and one time I had confronted him but he played oblivious.

He was actually a nice lad before I got a boyfriend and we would hang out and goof around when were working the same shifts.

He was studying at a university there in London unlike me who was from the other side of the world. But doing residency together brought us together.

All that however changed when I confirmed to my fellow workers at the hospital that I was infact dating Harry Styles.

When he met my eyes, he smiled at me and I was uncertain but I smiled back at him.

Taking a look around, I now realized that Daniel and I were the only student doctors, the rest were all in-service.

I turned to Dr.Jenkins who was sitting in front of me.

"Where are the other student doctors ?" I asked her and she looked up from her phone.

"They must be at the hospital receiving the patients. Most students avoid going to accident scenes at all cost. You are and Daniel are brave Niall." She said and flashed me a smile.

Was that it?

"Everyone thank you for leaving everything you had been doing and coming here to help." Doctor Mason got everyone's attention.

Harry woke up and sat up straight.

"This is the kind of team work that makes us thrive  as St.Thomas hospital staff. Good job everyone and Niall and Daniel continue with the same spirit." He told us and me and Daniel smiled at the recognition.
Harry kissed my cheek.

"To everyone who volunteered to help today, thank you so much..." He continued talking.

"...also Mr.Styles thank you for putting your hectic schedule aside although I think you  have done this for Niall." He paused and Harry along with everyone laughed.