Chapter 32

A/n: Hey guys, I'm sorry to say this, but this book will be coming to a close soon, I'd like to thank you guys for taking time out of your day to read this book, and I'd also like to thank all of the people who voted on my story. That's all for today, now let's get back to the story!

Note: This is a little side story!

I awoke to the sound of a loud crash that came from downstairs. I put a robe on over my pajamas and headed downstairs. "Adrian, what are you doing down here?" I asked as I saw Adrian throwing things out of the kitchen cupboards. "I can't find it" he said "Find what?" he sighed and leant against the counter. "My record book" he ran his fingers through his hair "Honey your record book is in the parlor area, why in the world would it be in the kitchen?" I smiled "Because it's not my funeral records that I'm looking for, it's records from when I was a soul reaper" he frowned. "Oh, why are you looking for those?" "I need to turn them back into the reaper headquarters, but they're missing" he turned around and walked into the parlor room. I followed him "Well, did you look downstairs in the basement?" I asked, he shook his head "No, but we could check" he smiled and kissed my cheek "Now let's go down to look, shall we?" he grabbed a candle off of a nearby table. "Um Adrian, I'm not really a fan of basements" he grabbed my hand and squeezed it reassuringly "I assure you dearest, the only thing that is scary about my basement is the amount of dust" he chuckled.

He opened the door revealing a pitch black corridor, the only thing we could see was the top two stairs leading downward. He held the lit candle in front of him it only revealed a couple more stairs. He stepped onto one of the stairs, causing it to make a loud freaking noise. His other hand was still holding mine "See it's not so bad is it?" he smiled "Um, all I see is a couple of stairs, and pure darkness hun" he walked down another step. He slowly and carefully pulled me down along with him, the candle revealing a few more steps that ended at a wooden floor. "See? We're almost down there" he chuckled, the floor freaked as he reached the end of the stairs "Why would your record book even be down here?" "Well, let's just say that I should've returned that record book a long time ago." He placed the candle on an incredibly dusty table, I wiped some of it off with my fingertips and looked at the dust on them. "This place needs to be cleaned" I said, looking at all of the cobwebs and old cargo boxes "I haven't been down here in years, I've just felt no need to come down here" he looked on a bookshelf that only shelved dust and a few books.

"If we cleaned this place up, we could have a new operating room" I smiled "What are these boxes for anyway?" Adrian blew off some dust from a cover of a book. "They were once filled with wine" he said "Wine? For what?" I asked "Well it was used for gatherings and gifts but, I kept some for myself." I sighed and looked inside the many cargo boxes that were shoved into a corner "Well it's not in these boxes" he sighed "And it's certainly not on these shelves." "Maybe it's upstairs somewhere" I suggested "Maybe you're right" he grabbed the candle off of the table and led me upstairs.  He blew out the candle when the light shining through the windows appeared once again "I've looked everywhere down here, so maybe it's upstairs" he went upstairs and I followed behind him. We walked into our bedroom and he started to look around, he opened the drawer on the bedside table but found nothing but a couple of matches and some of my jewelry. I crouched down to look under the bed while he searched the closet, I then saw a box under the bed and pulled it out. I opened it and inside was a thick book the cover wasn't labeled but it was made out of thick brown leather "Honey, is this it?" I held the book up, it was a little heavy "Yes! It is, where did you find it?" "In a box under the bed" he took it out of my hands.

"Thank you my love, now I have to go return this" he leant down and kissed my forehead and quickly headed out of the room. I got up and sat down on the bed, realizing that I was still in my night clothes, a little nap couldn't hurt, right?

(I'm sorry if there were any errors, please let me know if you find any 🙂)