27 : The Basket Case

#TheRebelsRival

SLADE

"Nasasabi mo lang naman 'yan kasi hindi ikaw ang iniwan sa ospital habang nag-aagaw buhay."  Paulit-ulit akong binabagabag ng mga salita ni Reika at kahit pumikit man ako, ang mukha niya pa rin ang nakikita ko. 

Seeing Reika cry like that felt like hell.

 I thought I was doing the right thing but it the end, I just made everything worse.

Hindi ko na alam anong gagawin. Hindi ko rin makausap si Uncle nang maayos dahil mula nang makita niya ulit si Reika, umalis na siya agad ng Filimon Heights dahil ayaw na niyang sumama pa ang loob nito. 

Natagpuan ko ang sarili ko sa labas ng silid ni Silver. Nag-aalangan man, kumatok pa rin ako. At kahit wala mang sagot mula sa kanya, pumasok pa rin ako.

"Get the hell out, Slade." Walang emosyong bulalas ni Silver habang hindi inaalis ang tingin mula sa kanyang binabasang libro.

Mula nang umalis si Reika, hindi na rin ako kinakausap ni Silver. Galit na galit siya sa akin at alam kong kasalanan ko ang lahat. 

"Silly, I know I fucked up this time but--"

"This time?!" Nagulat ako nang pinagtaasan ako ng boses ni Silver. At sa unang pagkakataon matapos umalis si Reika, nagawa akong tingnan ni Silver sa mga mata. Nagulat ako nang makitang namumugto ang mga mata nito. "Slade, why do you always have to ruin my life?!"

Napako ako sa kinatatayuan at hindi nakapagsalita. 

Silver was the only constant thing my entire life. She was the person who always stayed when everyone else left. She knew me more than I ever knew myself. I was older but she had always been my moral compass. I pissed her off from time to time but I had no idea of the damage I caused to her. 

"S-Silver sorry..." I knew I was an asshole but I always thought I was a good brother to her.

"Do you even know what you're sorry about?" Napasinghal si Silver at nakita ko ang pagpatak ng luha mula sa kanyang mga mata. I always made Silver cry back when were kids but this time it felt different. 

I couldn't even look at Silver anymore. I looked down, too ashamed to even look at her. "I'm really sorry about Reika. I promise I will-" 

"Do you really think this is just about Reika?!" Silver shook her head coldly. "Slade lahat na lang ng mga tao kinakaibigan ako para mapalapit sa'yo! Lahat na lang ginagamit ako kasi ako si Silver na kakambal ni Slade! Do even have any idea how difficult it was to always live in your Shadow?!"

Nagulat ako lalo sa mga sinabi ni Silver at hindi nakapagsalita.

"CJ was my best friend, Slade! She was the first person to ever accept me for who I am! She didn't even give a damn about you! But then what did you do?! You just had to drive her away! CJ didn't tell me but I always knew you were the reason she stopped being friends with me! At ngayon naman si Reika! I begged you to stop meddling and just confess the truth before hell breaks lose but yet you just had to play hero trying to fix other people's mess!" It was the first time Silver broke down like that. And it fucked me up knowing I caused it.

I didn't mean to ruin her friendship with CJ or Reika. It was never my intention. And it was never my intention hurting Silver.

Learning the pain I caused Silver, I wanted to leave the house and hide in shame. I lost the courage to even face her anymore. I was the older brother but I ended up ruining her life.

I just wanted to help but all I did was fuck things up. 

All I do is fuck things up. No matter what I do, I always end up hurting everyone I ever cared about. 

As I took a step outside the house, I noticed Reika's motorcycle parked under the streetlight. And just like that, memories of the past came flooding back, why I did what I did.

And that's when I knew I had to come clean...

Reika wasn't just Uncle's daughter. 

She was a friend and she deserved to learn the truth.

▬ end of 27// thank u ▬