51 : The L Word

Theme: Just like You - Kill the boredom

Gramps excused himself to talk to the other guests kaya naiwan kaming dalawa ni Slade sa fountain. I glared at him right away. 

"What the hell was that?" Pabulong kong bulalas sabay agaw ng kamay kong hawak niya pa. Nanginginig pa rin ang kamay ko at parang sasabog ang puso ko sa kaba. 

"What?" He chuckled, acting like a fool.

"You didn't have to lie like that!" Giit ko.

"Lie about what?" He asked. I didn't even know whether he was genuinely curious or just being sarcastic. I quickly took a step towards him, closing the distance between us. I didn't want to make a scene or have anyone hear our conversation.

"About the L thingy!" I whispered angrily as I subtly looked around us. My cheeks felt so hot, I could tell my face has turned red. I was too flustered even say the L word. Too flustered to even look at him.

"And who said I was lying?" He replied and just like that I was left speechless. 

I was caught off guard but I tried to remain composed. I took a step back and looked around again, spotting Riley walking towards the door. I kept looking at Riley's direction just so I could avoid Slade. And to my surprise, I saw Riley approach a girl in a white dress by the door. He even kissed her cheek!

They were too far from us but I could tell she was beautiful. She smiled wide and extended her hand which Riley held right away. With a big smile on his face, Riley pulled the girl towards the table where his Dad sat.

Mukhang may nakuha na palang magpapanggap si Riley. Muntik ko pang masira ang plano niya.

"Selos ka?" Slade asked and I could feel the bitterness in his voice. I heard him take a step towards me.

I rolled my eyes. Heto na naman siya.

"Bakit? Siya ba si Slade Villafranca?" I asked sarcastically and in that moment I heard him chuckle lightly. Just like that, gone was the bitterness.

"Thank God I am Slade Villafranca." He said his hand went to my waist. I tried not to flinch at his touch. My heartbeat grew erratic once again. 

"Well, Slade Villafranca also has a lot of explaining to do." My voice came out cold and pissed. I heard him swallow hard. "The demon isn't off the hook yet." I added.

Slade sighed and led me to one of the empty four-seater tables. I was about to pull a chair for myself pero bigla akong inunahan ni Slade sa paghila.

"I can pull out my own chair." I rolled my eyes as I sat.

"But that won't stop me from doing things for you." He smirked as he sat next to me, still holding my hand.

We both shifted in our seats to face each other.