58 : Burdens and Virtues

Chapter Theme: Panic! at the disco - New Perspective

I was smiling from ear to ear as I watched my parents play a carnival game. They were throwing rings, trying to shoot it on a unicorn's horn. Mom kept making fun Dad since he couldn't shoot anything; she was pretty confident with her skills since she already scored a couple of times.

The city was celebrating Eustace Filimon's birthday, the founder of Filimon Heights, kaya naman nagbukas ang kaisa-isang carnival. Mom and Dad wanted us to have a family date and I couldn't say no.

There were so many people in the carnival but my attention was only to my parents. I still couldn't believe how lucky I was to have them back... together. 

My eyes glanced at Mom's stomach and remembered my future sibling. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and began recording Mom and Dad.

"Hey little bean, look at our parents. Aren't they disgustingly adorable?" I whispered jokingly as I took a video of them as they played. "You're still on Mom's stomach. No baby bump yet but trust me little bean, you're fcking there."

Natigilan ako nang mapagtantong nagmura pala ako. I blinked and sighed. I flipped my phone to my direction and smiled. "Don't curse okay? That's bad. Don't be like me." I heaved a deep sigh. "I'm recording this so you won't miss out on anything while you're still in the womb. Thank me later... ihanda mo rin ako ng food."

I flipped my phone again to my parents' direction and saw them clap happily. Looked like they finally won the game by scoring three times. I stopped recording and walked up to them.

"What did you win?" I asked.

Dad grinned and showed me unicorn headband.

"You have got to be kidding me..." I whispered to myself.

****

"Do I really have to wear this?!" Napangiwi ako habang suot ang unicorn headband na ipinasuot talaga nilang dalawa sa akin. 

"You look adorable with that!" Giit ni Mommy. Hindi ko alam kung sincere ba siya o pinagt-tripan niya lang ako.

I rolled my eyes. I was dressed in black from top to bottom tapos pagsusuotin ako ng unicorn headband! Todo dasal talaga ako na sana huwag naming makasalubong sina Sawyer o kahit na sinong nakakakilala sa akin. Nakisama naman ang panahon at wala talaga akong nakasalubong... o masyado lang ba akong focused sa pamilya ko kaya hindi ko napansin?

Inabot kami ng tatlong oras sa carnival. Kung ano-ano ang nilaro at kinain namin. Since Mom was pregnant, Dad had no choice but to accompany me to the rides they deemed to be "extreme" kahit hindi naman. 

When evening came, we decided to go to a restaurant and have dinner together before calling it a day. As we waited for our order, pasimple kong sinilip ang cellphone ko mula sa ilalim ng mesa.