57 : Falling into places

Chapter Theme: Levitate - Imagine Dragons

I woke up in a bed, in the middle of Mom and Dad who were lying asleep. Mom's arm was around my waist as if she fell asleep while hugging me close to her. Dad on the other hand was on a seated position, his back leaned against the headboard as if he fell asleep watching over us.  I felt like a little kid again with them by my side. 

I remember from last night, I didn't let go of Mom even if we were already in the backseat. The entire ride home, all we did was cry and hug each other tight. I guess I fell asleep in her arms.

I roamed around the room and realized that we were in Dad's. He must've been so sure that he'd get back together with Mom that he bought a larger bed.

My eyes settled on Mom and Dad again. I couldn't help but smile. That sight of them, of us together, was enough to make all my pain go away. It was a dream come true for my younger self, and a miracle for my present. 

My mind came back to what Warren and I talked about back in the Falls... about keeping good memories for the bad days. And in that moment I was sure... that sight of Mom and Dad will something I will keep and treasure for the rest of my life. 

My attention was caught by the digital clock above the bedside table. It was only 4 in the morning. I laid down again and closed my eyes, a smile on my face as held both Mom and Dad's hands.

"Ano ba, Rico! Bumangon ka na! Ipagluto mo na si Reika!" 

"Hayaan mo na ang kambal na magluto. Dapat paggising ni Reika, katabi niya pa rin tayo. Tulog tayo ulit."

I woke up hearing Mom and Dad's whispery-argument. They were trying not to wake me up but their whispers were too loud to ignore. I didn't move nor opened my eyes, I acted like I was still asleep. I guess my acting worked too much because I found myself drifting to slumber again.

By the time I woke up again, sunlight was already piercing through the partly opened blinds of the window. I was still in the middle of Mom and Dad who were still asleep, only this time Dad was so close to the edge of the bed that he just might fall off over one movement. 

I knew Mom and Dad won't leave the room if I was still asleep so I decided to get up. I slowly removed Mom and Dad's arms over my waist and got up. To my surprise, it was already 8 in the morning.

I didn't want to miss class so I hurriedly ran to my room and prepared myself to go to school. Dressed in my usual black jeans and shirt, I went down the kitchen only to find Silver and Slade arguing as they cook. Ni hindi napansin ng mga ito ang pagdating ko.

"Sil, hindi mo ba tinanggalan ng hasang ang isda?!" Slade asked as they both faced the pot in the stove. 

"Anong hasang?" Silver was dumbfounded.