62 : The little bean

As Slade and I sat by the waiting area, I noticed how he kept tapping his foot on the floor. I noticed the expression on his face, as if he was lost in thoughts.

"Hey, it's going to be okay." I reminded him for the nth time.

"I hope so." He smiled as he held my hand tight.

Hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses nang pinanghinaan ng loob si Slade mula nang aksidente niya. Hindi ko rin naman siya masisisi dahil kung ako ang nasa kalagayan niya, baka nga mas malala pa ang mararamdaman ko.

It wasn't easy trying to cheer him on but we knew how worse it was for him, so we all tried our best to make him feel that he wasn't alone. Ever. The last thing we wanted was for him to fall under depression.

The therapist suddenly called Slade, snapping me out of my reverie.

As Slade undergone therapy, I kept my promise and stayed by his side for as long as he wanted me to. 

Time flew by so fast that next thing I know, we were sitting in another waiting area, in the same hospital, but in a different floor and under a completely different situation. This time, it was Slade who was holding my hand tight, trying to calm me down.

"It's going to be okay." He reminded me with a smile.

I nodded as I sighed. "It's going to be okay."

All of a sudden, the door right in front of us opened. Dad came out with a big smile on his face. It was enough to melt my worries away. I let go of Slade's hand, ran up to Dad and hugged him tight. Finally, our little bean arrived.

Slade and I were giggling like a pair of excited idiots as we went inside the private room where Mom was resting after giving birth to little bean. We were told the little bean was also there so we knew it was the perfect time to announce the name we came up with.

I was almost brought to tears the moment I saw Mom lying in bed while cradling my little brother in her arms. Mom looked like a total wreck but she looked so happy. Dad on the other hand couldn't stop smiling as he sat next to them.

"What's that?" Mom chuckled as she pointed the rolled up sheet I was holding.

"We're excited to reveal my little brother's name." I couldn't stop giggling.

"May pa banner pa talaga kayo." Komento ni Silver na nasa silid na rin pala at tahimik na kumakain ng mansanas. Nakasuot na siya ng nurse uniform niya, palibhasa nagsimula na rin ang internship niya sa ospital.

"You guys ready?" Natatawang tanong ni Slade sa mga magulang ko.

Mom gulped as she looked at Dad with worry eyes. "Mas kinabahan ako ngayon kesa sa panganganak ko kanina."