60 : Morphine

"I chime in with a haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door! No! It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality!"

Amidst the sea of people, Slade and I had such a great time as we sang at the top of our lungs. We jumped up and down, letting loose to the beats and riffs. We glanced at each other from time to time, smiling and laughing, sharing the moment with each other.

The entire bar was filled with noise but it was a good one. Wave Syndicate was doing covers and everyone's just having a great time, especially us.

I let out a sharp sigh as the song ended, laughing as I chased my breath. I ran my fingers through my tousled long hair upwards, combing it down to fix it. All of a sudden, someone spoke from my side.

"Hey, I like your shirt." I looked to my side and found a boy just as tall as I was. He had a mischievous smirk up his face that reminded me so much of Haji when he's trying to find girls to play with.

He casually pointed the cropped Guns N Roses shirt that I was wearing. Well, it wasn't exactly a cropped shirt. It was Megatron's shirt back when he was younger, I liked it so I borrowed... and I forgot to return it.

"My girlfriend's shirt doesn't like you." Slade's left arm snaked around my waist, his skin brushing against my exposed waist. I couldn't see it but I was sure Slade had his smug look up his face again. 

The guy realized what Slade meant by his subtle words. He raised both of his hands in surrender and casually walked away, probably looking for other girls to hit on.

I looked at Slade, the same time as he looked at me. Our faces were just merely inches away from each other. Unlike before, I no longer felt nervous or awkward. Months have passed by so I have already made peace with the foreign feelings he brought to my system. 

His nose crinkled as he playfully frowned. "Konti na lang at mananapak na ako."

I mimicked his expression. "Kahapon sana noong may cast ka pa. Dagdag damage sana 'yon sa mukha niya." I joked even if Slade still can't really move his right arm.

"My left hook is no joke, babe." He grinned as he planted a soft kiss up my lips.

Napansin kong pasikip na nang pasikip sa paligid namin, dumarami ang mga tao at mas nagiging malikot dahil sa sobrang kalasingan. Ayokong matamaan nila si Slade lalo't sensitibo pa rin ang braso nito.

It had been a day since Slade's cast was removed. His fracture was healed but his nerves were still far from being in good condition. Ni hindi pa rin niya naigagalaw ang mga daliri at kahit hindi niya sabihin, alam kong nakakaramdam na siya ng pananakit.

 I found prescribed painkillers in his room. I asked Haji's Mom about it and learned that it was for the pain he'd been experiencing. Ni hindi man lang ito sinabi ni Slade sa akin.