Chapter Five

*I won't let you close enough to hurt me.*

-Adele, Turning Tables

Roxanne's P.O.V.

When Brian woke up the next morning, he looked over at me, and saw I was already up. "Mornin', sleepy head," I said smiling.

"Morning," he replied groggily. "How do you feel?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Sore," I admitted.

"I'm sorry, princess," he said, reaching for me and brushing his thumb over my cheek. "Are you okay?" He asked, gazing at me sympathetically.

I assured him that I was okay and he leaned over to kiss me, pulling me to his chest. I lay my head on him, while he grabbed his phone off the charger and responded to his texts. After a minute or two, he sighed heavily and dropped his phone to his side, wrapping his hands around my back.

"Baby, what's wrong," I asked him, craning my neck to look at him. He was quiet for a minute, before simply shaking his head. "Bri, talk to me," I prodded gently. I sat up and took his hand, lacing my fingers through his and leaning against him.

"We have to leave again in a few days. Chicago this time. I had absolutely no idea. The guys just texted me saying they found out today."

"You just got back a couple weeks ago!" I groaned.

"I'm so sorry, Roxanne. I don't want to go any more than you want me to." He turned and softly kissed my neck. "Please don't be mad, baby. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"I'm not mad, Brian. I knew about your lifestyle before I said yes to being with you." I replied. "I miss you so much when you're gone, it's ridiculous though."

"I'm just pissed about the timing. I barely got you to myself and I'm already having to leave you for the second time."

"Honey, let's just not stress about it right now. Let's please just try to enjoy each other until you have to go. What day do you leave?" I asked.

"We're leaving Monday," he sighed.

"Jeeze," I said quietly. "Well let's make the best of the weekend then."

"Absolutely. I don't want you leaving my side for a second. Me and you, all weekend. We'll do whatever you want, baby," he assured me. "Let me go take a shower, and we'll get outta here. We can go grab some lunch, and whatever else," he said.

"Okay, babe. I'll get ready," I said, pushing myself off the bed with a groan. I dressed and quickly did my hair and makeup while Brian showered and got ready. By the time we were both done, I was starving. "Where do you wanna eat, Bri?" I called out to him, hearing him opening the bathroom door and coming out.

"I'm not sure yet. I want to take you somewhere you've never been before. Do you know what kind of food you're in the mood for?" He asked, stepping back into the bedroom.

He came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, brushing my hair away, and pressing soft kisses on the back of my neck. I smiled, leaning back into him. "Anything, honey. I'm so hungry."

---------------------------

We left ten minutes later and started driving; Brian still hadn't told me where we were headed, but I liked a nice surprise every now and then. Soon, I saw we were nearing the water, and after about a half an hour, we pulled up to a seaside diner, right on the water's edge. It was a warm, sunny day, so we got a table outside on the deck. 

"Brian, this view is amazing!" I said, looking out over the waves. "This place is so nice."

"I'm glad you think so," he said, reaching across the table for my hand. "I went here once before, a while ago, and always wanted to come back. The view is awesome and so is the food."