Chapter Fifteen

*If only we could see the endless string of consequences that result from our smallest actions. But we can't know better until knowing better is useless.*

-John Green, Looking for Alaska

Roxanne's P.O.V.

I jolted awake, bolting upright. I was sweating, my heart racing - I was thoroughly confused - and kind of freaked. I blinked slowly, my eyebrows knitted in confusion as I looked around the room. I was still at Emily's, on the couch. It was quiet and I was the only one here. I was breathing heavily, trying to come to terms with reality.

"Oh hey, you're up!" Emily said. My eyes shot up to her voice. She was standing in the doorway of the kitchen. I just stared at her, not even sure what to say. "What's the matter?" She asked. She walked into the living room, sitting next to me on the couch. "Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" She asked, rubbing a hand over my back. "Are you okay, honey?"

"What time is it?" I replied - it was all I could manage.

"It's like six. You were asleep all day! I know I promised to wake you for lunch, but you seemed so exhausted earlier, and said you've been so tired, so I just let you sleep. But I saved you a plate. I made barbecue chicken."

"Emily, are the guys here?" I asked, pulling the blanket off of me. 

"No, babe. Not yet. They should be back soon though. Why do you ask?"

"It didn't happen then." I mumbled, mostly to myself. "It wasn't real."

"What?" She asked, looking at me in confusion.

No way. No fucking way did I just really dream that. But apparently, I had? 

"I had this... dream, I guess. Except it was so real. Literally as real as this conversation we're having right now. I swear to you, Emily. I've never experienced something like this before."

"Well, you seem really shaken up. What was it about?"

"Um... uh. Well," I stammered. I shifted positions, turning to face her, and felt wetness in between my legs. Did I really have a wet dream about Sal? What the fuck! "I really don't want to talk about it," I finally choked out.

"Was it scary or something?"

I shook my head. "No."

"Well, tell me! It's just a dream, it's okay!"

I sighed. "Fine. You asked for it. Well... I woke up, and we were all out here, the four of us. Brian said that you told them what we were talking about earlier..." I started.

"You mean when we were joking about swinging?"

"Oh, no one in the dream was joking. That's for damn sure."

"No," she said, eyeing me sideways.

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Holy fuck!"

"Tell me about it," I groaned.

She laughed loudly. "Well how was it? What was he like?"

"Emily, I can't even tell you how real it was. I don't mean to sound creepy, but I could literally feel him inside me. He was huge. Really gentle, really sweet. Gave me an insane orgasm."

"Yep, sounds about right," she agreed. That's wild!" She howled.

"I can now honestly say, one of the most amazing times I've ever had, was in a dream," I admitted. "I... don't even know what to say. I never in my life have had a dream that vivid before."