Chapter Two

Katrina's POV

Aiden helped me hobble to my second class, since we missed the first one. I went over to my usual spot in the corner, and he followed me.

"Who's- is this little Aiden Gallagher?" Ashton teased when he saw us.

"Ashton." Aiden spit. I told him everything.

"What's wrong? Disappointed in your precious little Katrina's for growing up to look like that?" 

"Don't you dare say that." Aiden stood up abruptly, starring deadly looks at Ashton. I tugged on his sleeve, signaling that the teacher had entered the room. I managed to pull him away before the teacher could catch them.

"Please leave it alone." I whispered to him. His jaw clenched and he looked back at Ash.

"Now, class..." The teacher began to ramble on about plate tectonics.

(After school)

"Kat, how can I leave it alone when he fu-"

"Language."

"How can I leave it alone when he beats the sh- living daylights out of you everyday?!" He pulled me back to face him. "Kat, I left and he was doing these things to you. I waan't there for you when you needed me." 

"Oh, how sweet." Michael laughed as he emerged through the bushes with Luke and Ashton.

"Keep walking." I muttered to Aiden.

"Why? You're not in any rush, are you?" The three boys crowded around us, teasing us. 

"You guys going on your first date?"

"Ah, Katrina, I didn't know anyone would ever be interested in you!"

"Aiden, you went for that thing?" Aiden turned around at the last one to face Michael. 

"Shut up. Don't even try to say those things about her."

"What you gonna do? Hmm?" Michael laughed.

"Let's just go, they aren't worth it." I tired to pull Aiden back, but he shook me off.

"Go home, Kat." Aiden commanded, not looking at me, instead focusing his gaze intently on Michael.

"Ai-"

"Yeah Kat." Ashton said.

"Screw off, Ashton! I'm sick of my own brother treating me like this!" Gasped emerged from all of their mouths. "S-sorry." I softly apologized, backing away.

"She's your sister?!"

"Why didn't you tell us?!"

"You actually had us beat your own sister. Wow."

"You're gonna get it now, you little shit." Ashton stepped toward me, but Aiden hopped between us. 

"Don't touch her." He said, and Ashton went to punch him, but Luke grabbed his fist.

"Dude, don't." He warned. Aiden took my hand, backing away from the pair.

"Let me go!" Ashton screamed, kicking Luke in his man part.

"Ash, calm down, it's not that big of a deal." Michael tried to reason with him, but failed. Ashton pushed him aside, and went for Aiden.

"No!" I stepped in his way, and Ashton's fist collided with my jaw. I fell back in Aiden's arms, and Ashton kept hitting me. Aiden yelled him to stop and pulled me away, but Ashton tore me from his grips. Luke and Michael jerked him off of me, and by now I was curled in a ball on the ground, my tears wetting the pavement.

My body was on fire, and Aiden's soft touch burned me even more. I flinched when he attempted to help me.

"I-it's okay, it's just me." He cooed, lifting me into his arms without hurting me the best he could.

"You're so screwed up! She's your sister! We beat her for two years straight!" Luke and Michael yelled at Ashton. Aiden pulled off his jacket, draping the warm cloth around me.

"C'mon, let's get you home." He said.

"No, no. Not home." I cried.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Put father is a fucking drunk and addict. He hits her sometimes when he's home." Ashton explained to him. "Serves her right."

'Why?! What did I ever do to you or him?!"

"You're the reason mom left you-" Aiden covered my ears, leading me away from them.

"Let's go to the park, okay? Just the park." I missed him so much. I would be dead in five days if he weren't here.