Chapter Ten

Aiden's POV 

"I love you too." Her eyes went wide and her mouth fell open a little bit.

"Y-you do?"

"Yes. Of course I do."

"Thank you." Tears came to her beautiful hazel eyes, and she looked down while smiling.

"Why you crying, babe?"

"It's just, I'm happy. I'm happy you're here. I'm happy you love me, I'm happy." 

"I love how you're happy. Happy is good." I reached over to stroke her cheek, and then her hair. She leaned into my touch, allowing me more acces to her hair.

She drove me to my house, where we went inside and I turned on the TV.

"Aiden, come on, let me fix you up." She same in with band-aids and a damp cloth.

"Kaaaaat," I whined, tilting my head back on the couch. She walked a little closer, and I seized her hand, pulling her on my lap. She had her bent legs on either side of my torso, facing me. I put my hands on her thighs.

"What-"

"I'm ready."

"For?"

"You to help me." She smsiled, and began treating my bloody lip, head, and nose. I watched her concentrated face, her tounge sticking out occasionally when she was wiping away blood or trying no tears to touch the sticky part of the bandage.

"What are you looking at so intently?" She giggled, noticing my stare.

"Oh, um, the TV."

"Really?"

"Maybe." My hands went to her waist, and she glanced down at them.

"Your knuckles are bloody too!" She gasped, lifting my hand.

"It's nothing."

"It's something!"

"Hey, calm down. It's just a little peeled skin. It doesn't even hurt that badly."

"You sure?"

"Positive." I leaned up a little and kissed her neck.

"Stop!" She pulled away while giggling.

"Why?"

"It tickles."

"Hmm, does it?" I threw her off of me and onto the next remaining space on the couch. My hands  tickled her sides, which is her most ticklish spot.

"Stop! Please stop!" She begged, her limbs flailing.

"Never!" She rolled and fell onto the floor. "Are you okay?" I laughed, collapsing onto the couch.

"Y-Yeah." 

"I'm sorry!"

"No, it's fine."

"Come here."

"You're not going to tickle me again?"

"Mm mm, I'm promise." She came to me, letting me cuddle her on the couch.

"Ashton is probably pissed."

"Ashton can fu-"

"Aiden..."

"Ashton can go away. He doesn't deserve your thought space after what he did to you."

"But-"

"No. Don't even try to excuse him. He hit and beat and burned you. He gave you permanent and visible scars. For two years he did that, so don't dismiss that, don't excuse him." 

"Sorry."

"Hey..."

She set her head on my chest, snuggling closer to me.

"Love you, Aiden."

"Love you too, baby." Out legs intertwined, her eyes sliding shut.