Chapter Thirty Four

Aiden's POV 

Today is the day!

It's finally Kat's birthday, and I honestly think she doesn't even remember.

"So, anything special going on today?" I asked, fishing for any sign she knew it was her birthday.

"Er, Nothing I can think of. Do you?"

"Maybe. I'll have to check my calendar." I lied. Suddenly the door flung open, Ashton, Luke, and Michael running in.

"Kat Kat Kat Kat Kat!" Ashton yelled, picking her up. 

"Hi, Ash."

"Guess what today is!" I whipped my head up, shaking it frantically at Ashton.

"What's today?" I plucked ice cream out fo the freezer, pointing to it.

"I-ice cream day?" I nodded at him. "Yeah! We're taking you to go get ice cream!" She laughed at his excitement.

"When?" I mouthed : right now to Ashton.

"Right now. Let's go!"

"But there's some in the fridge."

"Come on already!" Michale whined.

"Ice cream for lunch. Mm." We all piled into my car, me driving, Kat next to me and the three wild boys in the back.

"Chocolate is better." Michael said, crossing his arms at Luke.

"Nu uh! Vanilla!" Luke argued.

"Ladies, ladies, calm down, we all know strawberry is best." Ashton said, strechting his arms over the two boys.

"Okay, Fine. Aiden and Kat will decide." Michael said, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"Chocolate." Kat said, high-fiving Michael.

"Really? I thought vanilla." I smiled.

"No! You'e supposed to agree with me!" Ashton stormed playfully.

"Why don't we have a contest?" Luke suggested.

"What do you mean?"

"Vanilla vs Chocolate. Since Ashton is the only one rooting for strawberry, then he gets to referee. We'll play soccer to settle it."

"No! I suck at soccer!" Kat whined, making me chuckle and put my hand on her leg.

"Too bad. Soccer it is."

"Ashton, what's your second favorite flavor?" She asked.

"Chocolate."

"Then Ashton will play instead of me. If I do, I'm practically sending Team Chocolate to it's death." She giggled. Kat is so adorable.

We spent the rest of the ride discussing the rules of the games, which were pretty generic and straight forward. 

As soon as we got there we all piled out of the car, Michael running in to get his first, leaving the rest of us to be dragged behind him.

Katrina's POV 

We got our ice cream, then headed over to a nearby park to settle the disputes.

"Round one of three, Chocolate vs Vanilla." I said, then jogged back overto the wooden bench to watch the four boys play.

"Go Aiden!" I cheered after he stole the deflated ball from Michael.

He passed it to Luke, who passed it back to him, and he shot it in the makeshift goal we had built from laying out three sticks on the ground. Two of them were placed vertically, and the third horizontally.

"Yes!" I cheered, standing up. They played two more rounds, and then I ran off to go to use the bathroom.

"Um, excuse me," A tan boy smiled at me as I exited the nasty public bathrooms. 

"Yes?"

"I er, I just moved here, and uh, could you point me in the direction of the school?"

"Oh, well hi! What school you looking for?"

"Uh, Rocky Highschool."

"Cool! I go there, if you go down two blocks, turn left and walk one more, you should see it on your right."

"Thanks. I'm Calum, by the way."

"I'm Kat. It's nice to meet you. Well, I better get back to my friends, I'll see you around." I waved as he walked off.

"Who was that, babe?" A sweaty Aiden asked protectively. He glared harshly at the back of Calum as his arm went around my waist.

"Calm down, Aiden. He just asked for directions. He's new." I patted his cheek, making him look back at me.

"Sorry."

"Who won?" I asked as he buried his head into my shoulder while wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Chocolate." Luke pouted as he sat down on the bench, exhausted.

"Um, you know, I think Luke, Michael and I will go and uh, go and walk around." Ashton said, pulling the boys away.

"Um, okay. By-" I was cut off by Aiden lifting me up, running over to the car.

"Let's go princess! I've got a surprise for you!" He yelled, putting me in the passenger seat.

"Why? It's not a holiday, is it?" I asked after he got in.

"You really  don't remember? Baby, it's your birthday." He looked at me, slightly stunned.

"Oh. Really? I guess I just forgot. Sorry."

"Hey, don't be. But we have to celebrate! We haven't in so long!" His hand found it's way to mine, grasping it tightly.

I looked at the boy beside of me, my heart swelling st the sight of him. I love his boy so much, I can't even explain it.

So sorry this isn't very long and good, but I've got writers block and I have to go to bed early tonight.

Sorry again, love you guys!