Chapter Fifteen

Aiden's POV 

"Sit down?! Why?!"

"Sir, please calm down."

"Just tell me why." I demanded.

"When Miss Irwin fell, she hit her head on a rock, correct?"

"Mhm."

"Well, that rock fractured her skull, and a few pieces of the bone punctured the memory part on her brain."

"So she can't remember anything?"

"We won't know until she wakes up."

"Why were you using those electric pad thingies?"

"Miss Irwin also had a stick cut open almost all fo the main veins on her wrist when she fell. She has an exceptionally small heart, which lead to it over pumping and working to the extent of stopping for a moment."

"Is she okay now?"

"She is stable for now, and we have bandaged her wounds to the best of our capabilities." He finished talking, but still had a worried look on his face.

"What is it?"

"Come again?"

"What aren't you telling us?"

"Miss Irwin will need surgery."

"Why?!"

"Because of the fracture in her skull. We will need to remove the fragments of bone."

"When?"

"As soon as possible."

"Sir," A nurse poked her head out from inside Kat's room.

"Yes?"

"She's waking up." I immediately tried to push past him, I need to see my hurt baby girl.

"Sir, calm down, we will let you see her after-"

"After?! You're going to make me wait?!"

"After she calm down herself. Usually when patients wake up they are shocked. Especially ones who may have suffered from memory loss."

"She will wnat to see me. Let me calm her down."

"Sir-" I shoved him out of the way, rushing into the room. 

When I entered, Kat had a distressed look on her face."

"Oh, princess." I cooed,running to her bedside. "Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah, but.."

"What is it, baby?"

"Who are you?" My heart dropped to my stomach, and she looked at me with slight fear in her beautiful eyes.

"W-what?"

"I don't know you. Should I?"

"Yes! You should know me! We-we love each other. We're best friends and dating."

"Not dating." Ashton. Great.

"Still."

"Kat, what's my name? Who am I?" He asked her.

"I- I Uh, Wait, A-Ashton?"

"Yes, oh, thank the Lord. Yes, Kat, it's me." Ashton pushed me away, holding Kat's hand.

"You look different than a nine-year old." She giggled.

"Is that all you can remember? Since I was nine?"

"Mhm." Shit. I was friends with her when she was nine, not eight. "Ash?"

"Yes?"

"Where are mum and dad?"

"Oh, um... Kat, listen. Mom and dad, well they split up. A while ago, actually."

"Oh."

I began backing up away from the two. I was dizzy, afraid, and confused all at the same time. 

This isn't happening, this can't be happening. I need her. If she's forgotten about me, I don't know what I'm going to do.