Chapter Seven

Aiden's POV 

I pulled Kat in, my hand wrapping gently around her neck. Our lips almost met in an electrifying kiss, but unfortunately a large and strong hand gripped my shoulder, pulling me away from Kat. I turned angrily to see Ashton glaring straight at me, a dark expression clouding his face.

"What do you think you're doing, little guy?"

"What does it matter to you? You haven't been too keen to know what she's been doing before." I retorted.

"Aiden," Kat whispered.

"Back off my sister." Ashton said in a tone dangerously quiet.

"Remind me again why her bully cares?" His nostrils flared and his jaw clenched, and Kat tired to pull me away from him. 

"Be careful, little boy. There's a thin line between brave and stupid."

"At least I never physically beat soemone to make me feel better about myself." Suddenly a fist collided with my nose, knocking me back into Katrina's arms.

"Ashton, don't!" She begged, moving to stand in front of me.

"Get out of the way." He growled.

"No! I'm sick of you beating everybody up just because they upset you or you didn't get your way." I slid my hand into Kat's, proud of her for standing up to Ashton.

"Listen love bird, I can take you home right now to our father, and have him deal with you. I'll tell  him all about your sweet little kiss and more. I'll make things up if I have to. You don't want to deal with him, too, do you?" She began to cower back, but I squeezed her hand in reassurance and stepped up beside her.

"Go ahead. Go run back home to daddy, you coward. We already dealt with him." I spit.

"You'll be sorry for this."

"Oh, I already am. I'm sorry you're depriving an entire village of their idiot. Now if you don't mind, Aiden and I will be in our way." She marched us off, shoving Ashton aside.

After we were a little ways away, I wrapped my arms around her waist and spun her around.

"You did it!"

"I did what?" She giggled.

"You stood up to Ashton. You did it." A huge smile spread across her face when she realized what she had done. "I'm proud of you." I gushed, and she blushed. "C'mon, let me grab my stuff, and we'll go."

We made it to my empty house, my parents are never home, and I took a few clothes and my toothbrush.

"Actually, one more pit stop." Chuckled, realizing I left my car at school.

I'm so excited for it to be just me and her. I miss the happy, innocent little girl I grew up with. Maybe now I will be my chance to get her back.