Chapter Thirty One

Aiden's POV 

I woke up with Kat cuddled in my side, her lips slightly parted with her hair all over the place. She's adorable. 

I watched as she rolled over, away from me. I frowned, pulling her closer by her waist.

"Morning, babe." She mumbled,scooting a little bit further into me.

"Good morning, princess." I kissed her neck, making her squirm and blush. "How you feeling?"

"Restless and tired. I didn't feel good to hurt my father, even if he hurt me."

"I know baby, but you did what you had to do."

"But he's still around. He's still able to find us and hurt us."

"He won't. I won't let him touch you again."

"Can we go somewhere? Please? I want to get out."

"Yes, of course. Where?"

"Let's just drive around and look. But first, I need to go get clothes."

"Wear your jeans you wore yesterday with my hoodie. You're not gonna go back there."

"But what about tomorrow? Or tonight? Or-"

"Fine. We'll go later. I like when you wear my clothes. It's cute." She blushed while rolling out of my grasp and standing up.

"I like wearing them. They smell nice."

"Darling, baby, sweetheart, princess, my one and only, come back to bed. I need more cuddles!"

"No, get up. It's already nine thirty." She began walking away.

"Noo! Come, baack."

"Where are my- What did you do with my pants?"

"N-Nothing."

"Where are they?"

"Kiss me and I'll tell you." 

"Don't try it. What did you do with them?" I jumped out of bed, running to my closet and grabbing her jeans.

"Come back here!" 

"Never!" I ran downstairs, with Kat angrily trying to grab them from my hands.

"Aiden! Give them!"

"I think you should just wear my sweatpants."

"Aiden Gallagher. Give me my jeans."

"Katrina Gallagher. Go in my sweatpants."

"Okay one, I'm not your wife. And two, I'm not walking around in sweatpants." I held the pants up higher, making her jump for them.

"Give them back!"

"Why should I?" She's jumped again, but this time I snaked my arm around her waist, kissing her unexpectedly on the lips. "I just wanted a kiss. That's all."

"Well I just wanted my pants." She grabbed them from my hands, retreating back to my room.

I love that girl so much. Everything she does makes me love her more. I don't know how she wasn't snatched up those two years I was gone.

I felt a small vibration from my back pocket and pulled out my phone, opening it and seeing a notification.

Her birthday is in a week. I completely forgot about it.

Even before I left we didn't really celebrate it. Her father didn't want to celebrate anything without their mother there, and then he got abusive so over all she never did anything for her birthday or a holiday.