Chapter Twenty Nine

Ashton's POV 

Luke started the car and we pulled out of the driveway. I used the rear view mirror to keep my eyes on Kat and Aiden, to make sure they weren't doing anything back there.

"Stop watching us." Kat ordered, digging her face into Aiden's shoulder.

"Just making sure nothing was going on back there." I admitted, making Kat blush.

"Ew!" She exclaimed.

"Oh so now making out with me is gross?"

"Well when he puts it like that,"

"Wait have you guys made out before?!" Luke asked loudly.

"M-maybe." Kay blushed more.

"Like five times already."

"Nuh-Uh!"

"Yeah we have!"

"Twice."

"No way. More than that."

"Can you two please stop talking about that please?" I interrupted, dragging my hands across my face.

I peeked out between my fingers to see Aiden's hand on Kat's thigh and his lips on her neck.

"Hey!" I whipped around, pulling Aiden's wrist away from Kat's leg. "Stop the car." Like obeyed me by pulling over on the side of the road. 

I got out, opening the side Kat was on and pulled her out. "Sit upfront." I demanded,

"Ash, it was just a-"

"Sit. Up. Front." She slid into the seat and I got in her previous one, glaring at Aiden. "Don't touch her again. You're pushing it." I said as Luke restarted the car. The rest of the ride was painfully awkward and slow.

We made it to the restaurant, where Kat and Aiden tried to get close again.

Kat sat in a booth, and I stupidly let Aiden sit next to her. Luke and I sat next to each other while Michael chose to sit on a chair at the end. The waiter took our drink orders, five cokes and one water, and ran off.

After about thirty minutes we had our dink's and pizza and were happily talking and laughing.

"I need to use the restroom. Anyone else?" Kat asked.

"I'll go." Aiden said, scooting out. 

"Hmm..." I mumbled, watching as they went into the short hallway and turning to the left to go to the separate bathrooms.

"Bro, leave them alone. They're in loOve!" Michael cheered, clasping his hands to his heart.

"Shut up."

"Why? Afraid I'm right? You know they're practically already married."

"Well they are engaged." 

"What?!"

"Well, promise ring." I rolled my eyes as I slurped my drink. 

"When?"

"Their date. He asked her and she accepted." I began scrolling on my phone.

"Awe... how cute!" Luke exclaimed.

"Not really."

"It is too!"

"It's not your sister who is on the road to engagement at sixteen." They sighed and began texting and checking social media. "What's taking them so long?" I asked after about thirty seconds.

"They're most likely making out back there." Michael chuckled.

"Shit." I got up, jogging to where the bathrooms are to see Aiden holding Kat up against the wall with her legs wrapped around him and their lips attached. 

I angrily pulled Aiden off of her by his collar, jerking him back.

"Dude, What the fu-" 

"I told you to back off you little shit." I took Kat's arm and Aiden's collar, dragging them to the car. I hate to be this kind of brother, but it's not nice to see some kid sucking your sister's face off.

"Ash, please. Don't be mad, I just-"

"Kat. Stop talking. We'll talk when we're home." 

"What happened?" Luke asked as I marched them back to the table.

"Michael was fucking right. Let's go." 

Again the drive home was consumed with tension, awkwardness, and painful silence.

"B-Bye Aiden."

"Bye princes-" I slammed the front door in his face as Kat moodily slumped on the couch.

"What the fuck was that?!" I yelled at her.

"Please don't yell."

"I can fucking do whatever I want. You can't just go around and make out with him left and right!"

"Ashton, you have no right to say that to me."

"Yes I fucking do."

"No! No you don't! For two years you made out and had sex with every girl at school! So if I finally have someone to be with and want to kiss then that's what I'm going to do. You can't stop me. I'm about to be with him every day anyway, so we'll probably kiss a lot."

"But you can't do that in the car infront of everybody or at a restaurant!"

"Stop yelling."

"Stop with all of the PDA."

"It was a quick peck and you just turned around at the wrong time!"

"Well then what about in the restaurant or his hand on the inside of your thigh?"

"It doesn't count as PDA unless people are watching."

"Oh yes it does!"

"Whatever. I'm going to bed."

"Not alone you're not."

"What do you mean not alone?"

"You just tried to kill yourself like, an hour ago. You really think I'm going to let you be alone, in your room, with the door shut and locked, while you claim to be sleeping?"

"You broke the door down anyway, so I don-"

"Kat. You're sleeping with me tonight."

"Ew! No!"

"I could call Michael and Luke to sleep with you."

"Why don't you just call Aiden?" She sassed, crossing her arms and sinking further into the couch cushions. I sighed and sat next to her.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I beat you, I'm sorry I let dad beat you, I'm sorry I was a tiny bit apart of you being in the hospital, even though it was Aiden's fault, and - ah, let me finish, and I'm sorry I stopped you two from having sex."

"Ashton!"

"What?"

We wouldn't have done that, we were just-"

"Starting to climb the horny stairs to having sex."

"No. Stop that."

"Well it's true." I pulled her up and into my side, burying her head into my chest. "I love you." I said loudly.

"Ash-"

"I LOVE YOU KATRINA."

"I love you too! Now stop shouting in my ear and let me go!"

"Fine." I let her go, and watched as she returned to her original position.

"Can I still stay with Aiden?"

"I guess, but if you two do the dirty, I'll-" Suddenly the front door creaked open.

Heavy boots clunked on the wooden floor as a tall and skinny man emerged through the hallway, a shadow covering his face.

As he came closer, the light restored his features, revealing our dark and terrifying father.

"Hello, children." He laughed menacingly, the devil in his clouded eyes igniting.