Chapter Five

Aiden's POV 

Gosh I missed this girl.

She makes me feel so many things, like love and comfort, but I also feel so jealous when a guy even looks at her and I get so angry when she's insulted. I didn't want to leave her the first time, my parents forced me to.

I feel like such a jerk because I only left her a note. And her cutting? It makes me angry but sad. She's so amazing, she doesn't deserve what she has. She deserves the world, but the world doesn't deserve her.

She's sweet, kind, smart, strong, beautiful. Not hot or fit, beautifully normal. Her stomach isn't flat and she doesn't have abs. Her thighs don't have a gap. But she's her, and she's perfect.

"Aiden?"

"Yes darling?" She blushed at my words.

"Can we run away please?"

"Run away? Why?" That's such a stupid thing to ask, Aiden, you idiot.

"It's just, I don't want to deal with my father and my brother and Michael and Luke and school. It adds up and I don't like it and it hurts. I know that sounds childish and immature but it really does and I don't mean to complain but-"

"Hey, don't say that. You've been through some shi-"

"Don't swear!"

"Sorry!" I chuckled at her cuteness. "But you have! I would happily run away with you if you'll allow me." We were now shifted on the couch so I was half-reclining and she was cuddled into me, and she turned around so she was on her stomach and her head was in my chest.

"When should we go?"

"Mm, how about-"

"You shit daughter!" Her father unexpectedly screeched at us, pulling her off of me. He threw her to the wall, and I lunged at him. My anger took over me and I knocked him to the ground, raising my fist in the air to punch him. Before I could, Kat grabbed my arm.

"Don't, Aiden." She begged. Her father shoved me off of him, smashing my head in the ground before heading over to Kat, where he beat her to the ground.

I watched helplessly in pain as he took her hair and pulled her up, kneeing her in the gut. I tired to stand and fight, but my legs gave out. Again I tired, and finally my body let me fight him. I punched his jaw, kicked his man-part, and his gut.

Finally Kat came over and pulled me back from him. I managed to kick his head and knock him out before I was too far away to do anything to him.

"Go grab your stuff. We're leaving. Now."