Chapter Twenty One

Katrina's POV 

"Maybe I shouldn't have told him to leave." I muttered, and Ashton lightly glared at me.

"Kat..."

"What? I could've just told him to stop." Ashton sighed at me. Suddenly there was shouting out side the door.

"Quickly! Get him to the ER"

"What's going on?" Michael quickly peeked out the door.

"Shit," He whispered, looking at me with sympathetic eyes.

"What? What is it?!" I tried to get off the bed, but Ashton held me down. "Tell me!" I pried myself away from Ashton, ripping off the wires connected to me. I ran to the door, shoving Michael away when he tried to hold me back.

I stepped into the hallway, seeing Aiden's brown hair gently waving as four or five doctors rushed him around the hallways.

My heart shattered, tears swelled into my eyes, and I began running after him. Two weeks arms wrapped around my waist, carrying me back to my room.

"No!" I pushed against Ashton's arms and kicked my legs. "Let me see him! Let me see him!" 

"Calm down, Kat."

"Let go of me! Let go you prick!" Ashton finally out me down and I made a break for the door, but he trapped me in a hug.

"No! Let... let me go see h-him." I began crying. "I have to see if he's alright. I-I have to-"

"It's okay Kat. He'll be okay. It'll be fine."

"It's all my fault! I told him to go. I-it's all my fault."

"Shh, I got you. It's okay. He'll be just fine, Kat." Ashton held my head while hugging me, and a nurse came in to hook me back up to the monitors.

I'm the reason he's hurt. It's all on me. I was angry and didn't want another fight to break out, and now because of that Aiden is probably dead.

I suck.

"Will the boy in the ER be alright?" I quietly asked the nurse.

"We don't know yet sweetie. Is he a friend of yours?"

"Boyfriend."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll try and let you know if anything happens." 

"Thank you." My voice broke, and Michael came and held my hand. "I can't lose him." I said after she had gone. "I really can't."

"Aiden will be okay, Kat."

"Promise?" He stayed quiet. "That's what I thought."

"I don't mean it that way. I don't know what will happen but I'm sure it will be fine. Aiden is a strong lad."

"Kay, you need to calm down. Your surgery-"

"You want me to fucking calm down when the person I'm in love with is probably dying because of me? Just how am I going to do that?"

"I didn't mean it as a forget about him kind of thing. I-"

"So you didn't meant to hurt me when you bullied me, then?"

"Stop it."

"I'm sorry." I whispered, cuddling into Michael's side for comfort.

"Ashton, just let her cry and get it out. Don't make her keep it in." Michael said.

"I wasn't trying to, I-"

"Ash," he warned,

"Sorry."

If Aiden dies, I don't know what I'll do. I don't want to say anything extreme, but something might happen.

Aiden is my world. He's everything I'll ever need or want. Aiden Gallagher is the only person I can ever love besides Ashton. I am hopelessly in love with Aiden Gallagher, and now, because of my selfish actions, he could die or be paralyzed for the rest of his life.

I love Aiden; I need Aiden; Aiden is my everything. He I sighed my world

And now he's probably not going to be in this world anymore.

"I'm sorry Aiden." I whispered. "Please forgive me."

"Miss Irwin?" I looked up to see a doctor. 

"Y-yes?"

"It's time to prepare for your surgery, darling."