Chapter Twenty Six

Kat's POV

Aiden pulled up outside my house.

"Thank Aiden, Aiden. Tonight was great." I blushed.

"No problem. I'm glad you let me take you." I looked down at the new silver promise ring on my finger.

"I-Uh, I'll just be going then." I began to get out.

"Hold on, c-can- or uh.. well, do you want to go out with me again sometime?" He nervously asked. It's adorable when he gets like that.

"Of course. I'll see you soon, then." Aiden reached over and kissed my cheek.

"Bye, Princess."

"Bye, Aiden." I smiled shyly and got out, waving good bye to him before entering my dark house.

I began tip toeing to the stairs, knowing full and well that it was past the time Ashton wanted me home.

"Hello, Kat." The living room light flicked on, revealing Ashton sitting with his hands hooded on his lap on a chair.

"Did you arrange the furniture to do that?"

"Don't it's this on me, you're two hours past your established curfew. It's nearly midnight!"

"You really want to play that card? Do you even know how long you stayed out when father was still here?"

"But we agreed on-"

"I don't fucking care. I never agreed to anything, so just leave me the fuck alone!" I stomped upstairs, Ashton getting up to follow me.

"Kat, I-"

"Leave me alone."

"Where'd you get that?" He asked, grabbed my hand. He examined my ring, looking up at me with a confused face. 

I ripped my hand away. "Don't touch me."

"Is that a promise ring?"

"Maybe."

"Did Aiden give it to you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Oh, I don't know! What a mystery." I rolled my eyes.

"What's gotten in to you? Lately-"

"Well it's a little hard to live in the same house where I was beat everyday, had to come home to an angry brother and father over nothing. Where I spent two fucking years trapped and alone while everything's crumbled around me. No one to talk to. No one to cry to. So maybe I am a little bit- ugh!" I slammed the door behind me, sinking against the door with tears pouring from my eyes.

"Kat, let me in."

"Go away."

"I-"

"Go away!" I heard a sigh and footsteps, meaning Ashton had left.

It's okay. I'm fine. I'll always be fine.