Chapter Thirty Three

Aiden's POV

I pulled into the driveway, happily humming to a song on the radio. I got everything I needed for Kat's surprise, and I've got a feeling she'll really like it.

I walked into the house, hearing the TV running.

Shit. 

I dropped the bags on the floor, quickly making my way over to the living room to see Kat curled in a ball on the couch, a half-empty container of ice cream clutched in her arms and tear stained cheeks.

"Oh dear." I whispered. She was home while I was gone, and I left her that I was sleeping. This doesn't look good. She probably thinks I'm cheating on her or something.

"A-Aiden?" Kat sat up sleepily after I turned off the TV.

"Hi, sleeping beauty." I greeted, wiping away the nearly dried tears on her skin.

"Where did you go? You said you were tired." I lifted her up in my arms, carrying her to our bedroom.

"I-I was going to, but I had to go get some groceries for dinner."

"Aiden, please tell me the truth." I set her on the bed, but she grabbed my hand before I could walk away.

"Kat, I can't tell you why." She looked hurt, and it hurt me to know I was hurting her. 

"Please. I-I won't be mad. You can tell me anything. You know that." I sat down next to her, bringing my hand to her cheek.

"Baby please just understand that I can't tell you. I'm sorry." I wasn't going to give up the surprise, but know it seemed fatal that I do.

"Okay. Fine." She looked down, avoiding my gaze.

"I'm not cheating on you, if that's what you think. I swear." She looked back up at me, looking into my eyes.

Katrina's POV 

I gazed back up at Aiden, searching for something, anything  to reassure his words. There was a little worry, a little concern, but no truth in his eyes.

I wanted to believe him, but I couldn't.

I don't want to be that girlfriend who always assumes their guy is cheating on them, but it's honestly kind of hard to.

"O-okay. Whatever." 

"Baby, don't be that way." He said after I scooted away from him. "Come 'ere." He layed next to me, pulling me in tight.

"Well it's hard to when your boyfriend is keeping secrets from you and lying."

"Hey, no. I'm not cheating on you. I swear on my life. I promise."

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm just working on something for you. I can't tell you what, though." I blushed deeply, embarrassed of my conclusion.

"I'm sorry. I'm terrible. I really thought you were cheating on me. It seemed like it."

"I know, I'm sorry I led you to think that." I flipped around, cuddling into his warm chest.

"I left your ice cream out. Sorry." She giggled.

"It's all good. To be honest, I do that all the time." We laughed.

"I love you so much. Please don't ever leave me." She spoke after a minute of silence.

"Don't you ever worry about that, sweetheart. I'm not going anywhere."