Chapter Thirty Six

Katrina's POV 

Before this chapter starts let me say that I did not mean to publish the last chapter, I accidentally pressed the publish button, meaning to hit the save one. That was supposed to be a super long chapter but I guess not anymore.

Aiden and I walked out of the restaurant after about an hour, and we laughed a bit more at the boys before driving to our next destination.

"You lookexcited." I glanced over at Aiden, who was bouncing his leg while biting his lip. Damn.

"I am. We're gonna do something we haven't done yet." I smiled at my handsome boy, turning back to watch the sun sink into the horizon.

"The mountains?"

"Yep."

"That seems to be our destination for dates."

"Well I know how much you love them."

"I love every natural environment." He grabbed my hand, holding it tightly.

Sometimes he doesn't do it on purpose. He'll just take my hand without thinking about it, or put his hand on my leg. I looked down at our linked hands, smiling goofily.

After about thirty minutes of driving we pulled up to the same green patch we always go to. Suddenly ropes of lights flicked on, at least one or two strings of the lights were hung from tree to tree, creating a beautiful effect.

"Woah." I admired the trees as Aiden got out, a small speaker in his hand.

"We've been on a date up here, I gave you your promise ring up here, and so I thought why not make it more romantic by dancing." He reached out his hand, and I gently placed mine in his. "May I have this dance?" He clicked on the speaker, melodic music flowing out in a beautiful rhythm.

"You may." I giggled. He pulled me in, his hand landing on my waist as mine went to his shoulder. My right and his left arm were joined together, outstretched to the trees.

The chilly air blew my dress around as I twirled, Aiden's eyes never faltering from me.

"Beautiful." He whispered, and I blushed, laying my head onto his warmchest. Perfect by Ed Sheeran came on, and I hummed softly to his voice. Aiden Andy I both swayed gently to the music, and occasionally he would spin us around or twirl me. 

"I love you Aiden, thank you so much."

"Get used to this, baby. It's gonna be like this fro a long time." He weapped his arm around my waist tighter.

"I hope so." 

Sweet Caroline came on, and I gasped.

"You're so cute." Aiden chuckled.

"What? It's a classic."

"It was your mother's favorite, too." A raspy voice echoed from the trees, and my disgusting father emerged, his eyes ablaze with anger and an unidentifiable emotion.

"W-What are you doing here?" I asked as Aiden stashed me behind his back.

"What do you think?"

"Stay away from her, you sick, twisted man. I swear if you touch a hair in her head, I'll personally put you in hell." Aiden threatened, his grip on me tightening.

"Always running, huh? Hiding behind all your boy toys."

"I beat your pathetic ass. Not that it's much of an achievement. Anybody could do what I did."

"But you had Ash holding me back. Every time you've either had help or you just let me hit you. Not as strong as you think."

"Shut up, you weak, bitchy little thing." Aiden said, puffing up his chest.

"Why even bother protecting her? You know there's no point. Why not just give her to me now?"

"Why would you want her?"

"Because look at her. I know plenty of people who would kill to get in a room alone with a gal like that. Plus she's my daughter, and I need someone to beat the shit out of." He drunkenly stumbled closer, making Aiden tense.

"You won't even breath on her. Touch her again and you're a dead man."

"Not like you've stopped me in the past. Too busy taking care of yourself, huh? Too busy trying to paste your family back together." He stepped closer.

"Shut up." I ordered him, knowing that family was a sensitive topic for him.

"Think about it, Kat. He's an only child, and his parents are never around. They never bothered to show up to a football game, never bothered to even show up at graduation. That must be a pretty soft spot, isn't it?" My father came close, and I pulled Aiden back, slowly inching us to the car.

"Just a little kid all alone. No wonder he attached himself to you so quickly, Katty. He's been alone his whole life, and somebody comes along who shows a little interest and he latches on. I know about you too. You both claimed that you loved one another in five days of seeing each other after two years.

But, that's right. You left her. Your parents got a job opportunity, one where they would be at home more, and you helped persuade them take it."

"Stop." Aiden Shut his eyes.

"You was were selfish enough to sacrifice your relationship with her so you could see more of your precious parents." Tears suddenly began streaming down Aiden's face, his chin quivering as he shut his eyes and turned away from him.

"Stop, please."

"Listen to me, kid. You left a little girl all on her own so she could suffer at the hand of her own family. One that was more broken than your own. You sacrificed her for your own needs. Doesn't feel too good now, does it, you selfish brat."

"Stop it! I didn't want to leave! My parents made me! I would give up everything I own for her! I would make my parents divorce, I'll sell my house, car, bed, anything. I tried to tell them not to take the job!" He turned to me, and I wasn't even aware of the tears cascading from my eyes until Aiden wiped them away. "I didn't want to leave, baby. I didn't. I swear. Please."

"I know, Aiden. I know you didn't." His hands cupped my cheeks. For a second everything around us seemed to disappear, leaving only me and him.

"How sweet." My Father's dry voice sucked us out of the blissful two seconds of peace, and Aiden turned back around to face him.

"If you come near her ever again I will bash your head in with my bare hands and escort you to hell. Do you hear me? You're a sick and twisted man who belongs in an insane asylum. If you so much as breath on her you're a dead man." Aiden had slowly walked to my father, and now he was almost touching noses with him. 

"Get in the car, Kat." I did as he said, slowly sliding into the passenger seat while watching the two. Aiden finally came over after saying one more inaudible thing to him.

The drive home was tense awkward, with no conversation at all.

"You okay?" Aiden asked after he had visually calmed down.

"Y-yeah. I'm f-Fine."

"Tell me the truth. I can tell you're not."

"It's just... I'm afraid. I'm afraid of what he might do to you. My father isn't alone on this. He has friends. Friends who have hurt lots of people. I don't want that happening to you."

"I'm not going anywhere. He'll have to do more than that to get rid of me. I'm staying right next to you until he's gone for good. He won't touch a hair on either of our heads, Okay?" He took my hand and placed a gentle kiss on it before grasping it tightly in his.