Chapter Eleven

Ashton's POV 

Aiden is a little jerk.

I'm trying to be better, but he keeps putting things into Kat's head. I know I haven't been the best brother in the world, but I just wanna get better for Kat.

I was being stupid and immature when I followed in my father's story footsteps. I should've been there for Katrina instead doing those horrible things to her. Michael and Luke green with me.

They say that if they knew about us being siblings and our home life they wouldn't have touched Kat, but that means if she wasn't my sister, they would have done it. I conned them into it at the start, telling them bad things about her, how she bullied me. They were all lies. 

Kat will never hurt a fly, not to downgrade her or anything, but she just won't.

She's better than everyone else. She's kind and smart, and pretty too. I guess I was jealous and just wanted approval from my dad, so I beat her up.

I feel worse about the burns we gave her.

She could forget about being bullied, but when she sees the burns, she'll just be reminded about  everything we did to her.

Aiden's a good kid a heart, but he won't let her forget about those past two years. He abused her, too. Left her without a word.

I remember when she read that note. It was in her locker, and as soon as she read it she started to cry. She had been looking for him all day, hoping it wasn't a joke, until she realized that it wasn't one.

She had gone through the entire day without crying, but as soon as she was off school grounds the tears started to flow.

When Kat got home that day, our father had given her an extra hard beating because he thought she had told someone about everything. 

I stared to bully her shortly after that. I heard others talking about how ugly she was, how depressed and lonely. I didn't want to be associated with the conversations, so I pretended not to be related to her and bullied her.

I know I'm terrible, I know I sent my sister through trauma she may never get over, but I want to help. I don't want to be her bully, I want to be her brother.

Katrina's POV 

"Kat, wake up." I heard a soft voice whisper in my ear. I opened my eyes to see that I was in a car.

"What..?"

"I brought you here, I have a surprise." Aiden said, opening his door and getting out.

"Where are we?" Aiden was getting something out of the trunk.

"If I tell you it won't be a surprise." There were brown-leaved trees towering over us, and a faint sound of running water.

"Are we in the mountains?"

"Well, a foothill. It was easy to drive to since I live so close to them." He pushed the secret object behind his back.

"Why?" 

"Just follow me, okay?" He lead me to an open clearing, where he pulled out a picnic basket. "Care to join me for some late breakfast?"

"I slept that long?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to wake you, you looked to peaceful and cute." I blushed at his kind words. We sat down, and we ate snack foods, then waded in the stream a little, and finally we sat on the rough grass and looked at the clouds.

"That one looks like an alligator." Aiden suggested.

"Or like a duck."

"I love you."

"I love you too, and thank you."

"For?"

"Everything. You're amazing." I said.

"I know." We laughed and continued to point out clouds.

"What am Aiden gonna do when I get home?"

"What do you mean?"

"My father is probably pissed right now. If I go home, it's a guaranteed beating."

"Then some stay with me."

"What?"

"Stay with me. At my house, my parents are literally never home, and we have a guest bedroom. Or you could sleep with me." He winked.

"I don't know, I don't want to be a bother."

"You can never be one, c'mon, stay with me for a few days, if you don't like it, I'll find somewhere else you can stay if you don't want to go home."

"Really?"

"Mmhm." I trapped him in a hug, and we ended up rolling on the grass together.