Unexpected Friends

This has very little Klance but it is there and yes it is Langst.

---

Lance never had much people to talk to since the whole space thing started. So when a surprise came on a restless night where he was getting something, he didn't want it to be fake.

Lance---

I was wondering through the halls, trying so hard not to cry. I take a seat in the control room and try to not break the mask I oh-so carefully made for myself. I feel a dam get torn down as tears come flooding through.

I hear squeaking and quickly wipe my tears away. "Hey buddies!" I turn around and see the space mice. I pick up and they hug my wet cheek. I try my best to smile at them as they try to cheer me up.

They do little dances and flips. It made me feel happy in a way. "Can I tell you what happened?" The littlest nodded.

"So earlier Hunk way stress baking, Shiro was having trouble with nightmares, Allura was in here working her ass off, Keith was training 'til his body was sore,  Pidge was trying to find their brother, and Coran. Coran was sobbing and yelling almost like he was broken inside." I look at them. They nod their tiny heads for me to continue.

"So I helped them. I made Hunk go to bed and I tried his baking. I sang Shiro songs until he could sleep. I trained with Keith and convinced him to sleep. I took away Pidge's computer so they can sleep. I made Allura a promise that we will defeat the galra. I made Coran laugh and talk about what was upsetting him. But you know what?" I laugh a bit, holding my head in my hands.

"They never seem to do that for me." I laugh a bit, making the mice look at each other. They looked back at me and smiled. They put on a show of flips and cartwheels. It was truly beautiful. I laugh when the biggest one trips, but I made sure they were okay.

"May I name y'all?" I ask as politly as I could. They nod. I guess they figured I can't understand them.

"How about names of my family?" They nod once again.

"How about Veronica, Luis, Mateo, and Marco?" They all look at each other. I guess forgot to say which for which.

"The big Yellow one is Marco, The small blue one Mateo, the grey one Luis, and the pink one Veronica?" I ask them and they all do flips to show they like 'em.

"I need to get to bed, but how would you like to sleep in my room?" I pet them on their heads. Mateo squeaks with thumbs up and they others just nod. I laugh and let them go up to my shoulders.

-----

It has been a month and every night I talk to the mice. I told them how I am bi and I have a crazy crush on Keith. I told them all about my family and my favorite musicals. I sang for them and they like to hear me sing.

"Paladins, to the training room." Allura's voice booms over the intercom. I smile at the mice, who I was singing to.

I make my way down to the training room with Veronica, Luis, and Marco. I waltz into the room and I am greeted with scowls and glares. I look at the floor to avoid their stares.

"You're on time for once." 'Lura raises an eyebrow. I bite my lip and smile nodding showing that we can start.

I sit next to Keith who stares at me with a soft expression on his face.

I feel my face heat up and stare back at him. "W-what are you staring at, K-keith?" I curse at myself for stuttering. He stares more but smiles at mw.

I smile back and turn to mouth to the mice. "Someone with the most beauty in the world." I freeze at Keith's voice and turn to him.

"I am not a mirror pretty boy." I wink and it is his turn to turn flustered. He leans closer and smirks.

"If I am pretty then you are a god."

Closer

"You know that my beauty doesn't exist next to yours."

Our lips almost touch and he grabs my hoodie, flips it over and kisses me. I miss back, holding his waist and drawing circles on it.

We break apart and agree on one thing. "Boyfriends?" We both laugh and nod.

I turn to the mice and smile. They smile back.

I guess we are unexpected friends

--

Should I do a face reveal for the 2.k reads? I am not sure...