Part 2 : The Brat Wants to Learn

In the gazebo located in the eye of the estate's garden, the sound of water flowing from the fountain beside it filled the air. Near it, I sad within, leisurely drinking the chamomile tea brewed by the blonde maid from yesterday, whom I now know was called Anne.

Slowly sipping the fine tea, a noble aura exuded, displaying the exact view one had of an aristocrat. Yet, in actuality, I was bored. Since coming here, I've found that 'Airene's' daily activities merely consisted of etiquette classes, meals, and at times embroidery. As the person herself refused any form of literacy whatsoever, claiming that she is still but a mere child.

At these moments, memories of my glorious truant days with my smartphone would vividly flicker, as it was previously my source of salvation. But as those glorious, lethargic times came to fade, my dependency on it dispersed along with it as my life situation wouldn't allow me to have any leeway.

But how I wish to reunite with it once more... sigh.

Well, aside from that, it seemed that my father had returned home the day before this. And as soon as he arrived, my mom and I were brought to his embrace.

The Duke carried with him a huge and masculine stature, whilst his complexion seemingly delicate with his brown locks tied to a ponytail. He and Airene had looked similar to one another. Guess that's where her looks came from.

"Hmmm."

Recalling that image of parental love, my heart strangely throbbed as though a thin needle pierced through it. Wincing my eyes in pain, my brow furrowed as I was unaware of why I still felt hurt till this day.

I thought I had completely let go of my sorrows.

***

Staring blankly at the big blue sky, I wondered how we all came to be. Why had our lives become riddled with tragedy as the ones before us laughed heartily. What did we do wrong to deserve any of that?

If only... we had something to defend ourselves properly with. Something that could've shifted the tides of battle drastically...

And I came towards a realization.

...!
Doesn't this game have magic?!

It had already been a few days since I arrived here and just now did I remember this crucial part that made me yearn to be able to do cool things with?!

In the world of this game called
《Magic Conquerer of Hearts》 ,
There were 6 types of magic.

Mainly fire, water, earth, wind, darkness, and light.
There were also other variations such as Void, Ice, Elemental, Floral, Anima, and more. However, as these types of elements require a strenuous effort and peculiar factor, to utilize, let alone master, not many people know much of it.

In the game, magic was described to be beautiful, mystical, and free. Whatever you imagined could be turned into a reality, that is, as long as you have deep a understanding of your element along with the necessary mana capacity for it. To understand and gain insight of one's element, one must form a core according to that element by meditating whilst circulating the surrounding mana, imagining them having the same properties as your element. The same thing applies to increase mana capacity, though how far one could reach is entirely dependant on that person.

However, there is an exception for certain unique situations. Since people with more than one aptitude though unlikely, would've already had their core naturally formed and will have double the absorption speed compared to those who only bear one element.

But on the other hand, not everyone can understand mana properly, it requires some amount of insight and talent. If you don't have the feeling for it and yet still try to utilize it, you could end up with severe consequences, be it a permanent lifelong injury or even death.