Part 3 : The Previous Her

The "original Airene"

An empty shell of a human being with little to no originality present.

Wielding a glimmer of power and social status at face value, nothing else was her own, as she never bothered to develop something remarkably positive. With snobbish actions and intolerable arrogance as her trademark, she was successful in earning the scorns of numerous others. Aside from that, she was deemed useless and easily manipulated due to her actions driving it to be that way.

This fact is proven to be true by the people who would never bother to greet her if not for her ducal lineage, alongside being surrounded by a pack of cross-eyed snakes otherwise known as 'friends'.

In otherwords, though she rightfully stood above all, she never graced the true pedestal in the form of respect that shone before her.

Ironically, nobody had ever graced the ingenuity of this small catastrophe, as none bother to care to see the light behind the darkness of her coruscating eyes.

***

In the original story, she was truly a somewhat questionable character. With loving parents and a healthy an well-off living environment, it was a wonder how Airene turned out the way she did. Indeed, her personality twisted so much, to the point where her once adoring parents no longer cared for the things she did upon reaching adulthood.

Most with no malintent made no effort to go near her, whilst her own fiancé never once had the thought of visiting her.

Truly, she was all alone.

But what made her embark on that path was never truly mentioned in the game- aside from the fact that she became the main target of hate by using shady means to achieve her goals.

And so, that is the brief summary of why none was had a gratifying impression of Airene.

"..."

Upon the thoughts and experiences I've seen from the original game, I spun my head around a few times, searching for the answers I sought. My heart was set on not feeling at all worried, as it was pretty sure that I shouldn't be able to easily die in this game.

Ten years was still ahead of me, and it would be a waste to not do a single thing with it. Nevertheless, I was even given an opportunity to relive the life I had lost. Hence, I decided to toss the information regarding the game to the depths of the back of my mind as most of the information will be proven to be useless as time goes by.

They were knowledge of the future. We were still living in the past. So why probe over such undetermined factors?

However... what to do with the capture targets?

Should I befriend them if we meet?

Or should I outright ignore them?

...

We were at a stage where noone knows noone yet, so it should be a great opportunity to rewrite the image they had of Airene.

I mean, if I want my well-being to be assured, it seems that I have to end up exerting effort to befriend them, as capture targets defied all known logic. Indeed, all of them were the most absurdly powerful characters I've ever seen in an otome game.

Simply put, they could become the biggest ally I could've only dreamt to have, or the biggest time bomb trickling at my back, awaiting for it to explode.

'hmmm.'

Well, I guess we can only wait and see.

Besides, the original Airene was executed due to being found guilty of attempted murder to the main heroine. To all us players, she seemed really foolish, even conflicting as times.