Part 4 : The Prince is Here

After we finished testing my aptitude with magic, Clayden proceeded on explaining the basics to me. He even literally demonstrated the term 'playing with fire'. Whilst being mindful of his surroundings, of course.

"In actuality using magic, is quite simple. But some people can't properly grasp it because their aptitude is far too low for it. Well, your case is... unique though."

He said with a slight grin on his face.

"You simply need to imagine, open your mind, be creative. Your mana core is naturally formed already, so whatever aptitude you decide to use, try to form something from it. Then, you could try to combine it with another aptitude. That is If you have the talent for it."

He explained that in this world, there are essences called mana. If someone has a low aptitude for it, it would be difficult for them to learn magic. Mana regulates the flow of everything, hence they are everywhere. With mana, you can create the most beautiful things, or... destroy them.

People would normally have to cultivate and form a core that's based inside their bodies and slowly try to absorb it, but there are exceptions for people like me or Clayden whose bases were already naturally formed. Children would normally only be able to feel the mana around them, not directly apply the use of them. So, in other words, we are an anomaly.

He then told me to try to create something using mana. Well, since I am already capable of subtly grasping the feeling of magic, I did it with ease.

Letting out my magic, I imagined something I wholeheartedly adored in my past life, the two most popular mythical beasts, dragons and phoenixes.

As a huge fan of anything mythical, I would naturally form these two things using my magic.

My concentration gradually deepened, I tightly shut my eyes. In my mind, a phoenix and dragon, soared through the skies, forming a trail of wind and fire. I can't make it from an actual beast since I have no idea how anima works. I just used my instinct.

With that image, my whole being started to glow. My palm then felt strangely ticklish. Ahh, so that's mana... I thought. It felt... warm and fuzzy.

THUD.

Clayden dropped to the ground upon the sight of two fiery beings that were majestically glowing. They looked like rays of light, fierce and alive. It was simply a sight to behold.

"Amazing...

I've never seen anything like this. I have seen magic taking the form of things such as fireballs, salamander tails, a stick, or even a beam. But that... that's on a whole other level."

Clayden intently gazed at me and spoke again,

"Your raw magic capabilities... it- it has even far surpassed mine, the so-called genius of the century."

His eyes sparkled like stars, brightly gazing at me. I snapped out of my strange daze and the two majestic beings of light became tiny until it ended up looking like two worms before... *poof*.

My eyes then met Clayden's and I could only let out an awkward laugh.

Clayden gripped and cupped my two hands tightly, his expression seemingly serious.

"Airene... "

He said with a hoarse voice that didn't catch its appeal due to him being a 7 year old.

"It's too wasteful for you to be engaged to that snake. Dump that scumbag prince and choose me instead."

.

.

.

".......?!"

My eyes could only be described as question marks at this point. Why is his face so serious when saying this, we've just met for god's sake! And we're kids to boot! As I was busy examining Clayden's expression, the loud noise of the forcibly opened door could be heard.