Part 8 : Danger

Reminder : When Grey is talking normally, his dialogue (speech) will look like the rest. Ex : "Ok."
But if Grey is whispering or using telephaty to Airene, his dialogue will be like : [ok.]

Okay, that is all! enjoy~

-------------------------------------‐-----------------

Soft crackles gradually turned harsh, indicating that the zombies were on fire, literally.

The entirety of the horde's front row all lit in flames, gradually turning to ash. The sight was horrendous but strangely... beautiful. Wait, I feel mental if I put it that way. Let's just say that it's, a unique sight.

Grey continued to plow through in the middle, showing no indication of stopping as he clawed everything in sight. Since he was still an infant, he was unable to cast magic spells like a regular magic beast. I heard that the beast needed to be at least 2 years old to do this.

BOOM!

The crackling sounds then changed to the sounds of explosions. Dust clouds riddled the air, causing the scene to look exactly like a battlefield. Since Clayden's element was water and fire, he swiftly extinguished the wild flames. He had used some kind of a magic fire grenade to blow up the beasts.

I may have not mentioned this before, but Andrew's element was said to be wind and anima. But he focused primarily on wind and had never used anima. Mostly because no-one had ever taught him to since anima is a rare element to begin with. So there was no point in him coming to train with us aside from, ahem, bickering intimately with Clayden.

Andrew created sharp invisible blades of wind, around 20cm in size and he pierced the body of the beasts with it, cleanly splitting them in half. But he couldn't form more than 2 of them since his mana capacity wasn't quite there yet.

We wiped out horde by horde to see more beasts appearing yet again, seemingly endless. And so, we decided to simply run away from it, seeing that our mana capacity alarmingly started to run out.

Beads of sweat covered my face as we ran, wiping it off, I turned my head back once more to catch a glimpse of the horde seemingly... fidget exactly like a holographic figure, Like an illusion. But in actuality, they are not an illusion, they're real.

Could this possibly be someone's doing?

Since anyone with a dark attribute type of magic could create things... like these.

Aside from that, after burning a bunch of em, I finally realized that... they weren't able to see and seemed to react from the sounds of our footsteps atop the muddy grass. Since when I stood in silence, doing nothing they didn't seem to notice me.

So I decided to act out this speculation.

"Everyone, go ahead first! I want to try something!" I yelled at them and ran off without giving them a second to retort.

[Master! it's too dangerous!]

Grey protested with a worried tone as he ran alongside me to the direction of the horde.

"Airene, don't! that's too reckless!"

Andrew shouted to my direction as well whilst Clayden strangely remained silent and unmoving, his emotions couldn't be seen.

"Trust me, I'll be fine!"

I shot a glare to both of them which made them stop in their tracks.

With clear eyes, Grey silently looked at me and spoke to me via telepathy.

[Alright then master, I trust you. Please be safe.]

Knowing that he wasn't a fussy pant, my impression of him skyrocketed even more. Meanwhile, Andrew just shouted a 'be careful!'.