Part 15 : Kill or Be Killed, Let's Talk (3)

Writing motivation does come and go like a gust of wind  😂😂😂

And dang this chap is so long 3000+ chaps ;-/

《Chrona's POV》

I think I will make this third-person since I do not know... how a 4yr old thinks...

😅

***

"Mrs. Airene..."

"I know. It's about the poison, is it not?"

"Y-yes it is... Please... tell me."

Inside the tension-filled room, two girls sat across each other, a mere coffee table separating them. They carefully examined one other, one with a nervous expression while the other had an anxious one.

Airene sighed and looked at the cowering, small girl with a serious glint in her eyes. She then lazily glanced at the third person in the room, the maid Chrona brought along with a disdainful gaze.

"Before that, excuse your maid first."

Airene commanded with a firm tone, while she gestured her hand as to tell the maid to leave.

"...I want to have some alone time with Chrona."

She pouted, revealing her rosy cheeks. Though it was just an act, it charmed the two other people in the room. leaving them dazed.

The maid then nodded and quickly left the room, but she remained in front of the door, silently listening to their conversation. As suspicious as she was about Airene, she couldn't act on an impulse to the Duke's beloved daughter.

Her young miss had changed abruptly after returning from going on a 'trip' with her 'friends'. She was constantly anxious and nervous, more so than ever, yet suddenly she gets invited out for tea, with the young miss's reaction to being... suspicious.

Helen knew she was crazy to be suspecting toddlers, but a strange wisp of doubt kept on appearing whenever something was off about the young miss.

So temporarily, she shrugged it off seeing that she had no evidence, only speculations.

***

Airene leaned forwards as she gestured her hands, telling Chrona to lean closer as well. She then softly whispered into her ear.

"...Helen. It is Helen Knox."

Chrona quivered upon the thought. Helen had been with her since she was born... as a second mother to her, so it was understandable that she believed Helen's words more than Airene's.

"N--no way! But Helen is...!"

"I know. Your closest aid, right?"

Airene then whispered in a softer voice, barely discernable.

"She's fooling you all along, don't you think it's strange that she vanishes in specific times of the day?"

Upon hearing her words, Chrona paled, recalling the times where she would excuse herself every dusk and every dawn, before I wake up and after she tucks me in. She's supposed to be by my side at all times, even after I sleep, and yet...

Doubts began to flourish in Chrona's mind, but she still defended her second mother in her mind, so she hesitantly asked.

"D-do you have any proof though?"

As if expecting her reply to be that, Airene smirked and took out a folder, filled with documents, and placed them all in front of Chrona.

"...!"