Part 13 : Let's Talk

《Andrew's POV》

***

Immidiately after reporting Master's explanations to father, I got my steward to prepare a carriage headed towards the Roselle Estate. Of course, informing them beforehand. Though it was late, I was extremely curious regarding what Vird said... since it concerned my beloved nation... and the Dark Guild.

Getting on the carriage, I glanced at a little bird that was poking his head out from my blazer's pocket. The little guy let out a few chirps before diving back in as I leisurely sat inside the luxurious purple cushioned seat.

The carriage then started to move as the sounds of clopping could be heard. The little guy went out of my pocket and gazed at me with curious and wide eyes.

Even I had to admit that...
It was... cute.

A different kind of cute from what I thought of Airene, a more... subtle and genuine one.

The little guy then bit my index finger that was resting on my lap, causing a few tricklets of blood to flow from it. My smile dispersed and I lifted an eyebrow up, a bemused expression written on my face.

They say magical beasts aren't able to speak before they turn a month old, seeing that this little one seemed to be... innocent, that seemed to be the case. Rays of light erupted from where he bit and a Scarlet red wing shaped mark appeared on the palm of my bitten hand.

'So this is how a contract looks like...'

The bemused expression on me faded as I gently caressed the little bird who had just released my finger. I revealed a... subtly gentle and amused smile at it. The little one blinked his large watery eyes and voices started to appear in my mind.

[Happy guy! Happy guy!]

The sound repeated in a cheery and childish voice.

Widening my eyes, I stared at the little one that sat besides me, tilting its little head.

"Can you... understand me?"
I asked in astonishment.

[Yes! But sometimes happy guy speaks weird.]

"I see....."
I nonchalantly replied.

This little guy made a scarlet red mark appear, indicating him being a highly ranked beast. Though the black one on Airene...

...
Why am I so cautious of that guy?
...Probably because he is a mythical beast, yeah... most likely.

[Happy guy! Give me a name!]

The little one bugged again in my head.

"...Alright, from now on your name will be Red."
I decided on a simple and convenient name, gving little to any thought of it.

[Yay! Red! Red! Red!]

He chanted inside head and happily chirped outside. To be sure, I lifted him up to find...  his male part. Sure enough, it was there and I placed him back inside my pocket.

Seeing that we've almost arrived, I took the last moments to ask why he called me smiling guy to where he replied,
[You look happy on the outside, but dying on the inside.]

"..."
"fair enough."

***

Upon arrival, all the servants had already lined up to greet me by the entrance and as always, led me to the lounge right beside Airene's chambers.