Part 9 : Master

Okay, I'll try shorten the amount of words...
Since it takes too long to edit it if it's over 2k TvT. Alright, enjoy ^^

Ah btw, I plan to actually wrap ul the series but, I will just update weekly. If there are any plotholes or problems with the story, please do tell or message me TT, Thank you.

.....

"H-HUGE!"

You're telling me that this 'cabin' they described to be 'humble' as the grand mage's residence, is this mansion?!

Noted.
The capture targets are weird and utterly lacks common sense, or it may be just because I came from a humble background.

I creased my eyebrows while sighing in regret.

...Why on earth did I say that this'll be fun.

Andrew seemed unfazed by this mansion that was bigger and far more luxurious than mine, as they simply walked in with the guidance of Fyre. Chrona however, tugged to the back of my shirt and stuck to me, like a cute little critter.

Seeing her like that, I directed a gentle smile at her and she seemed to notice it, seeing that she turned her head away in embarrassment soon after. And so, I helped myself to hold the hand of this adorable being. Her rosy cheeks brightened even more on the action. Though confused to her reaction, I didn't let go, instead I tightened my grip even more and led her in the mansion.

"We've arrived."
Fyre opened two large doors that led to the inside of the mansion. But instead of carpets, stairs, and furnitures, there was a... forest? Possibly an illusion?

Surrounded by lush greenery, towering trees, a crashing waterfall, even a clear blue sky, with no clouds in sight. It's as if we stumbled on another realm entirely. There were even living beasts and insects in here, is this perhaps the capability of a Grand Mage? I was in awe, for him to literally be able to create an entire ecosystem... astonishing.

As the three of us were busy staring at the entire area, adazed, Fyre walked off and beckoned Grey to come along with him.
"Then I'll leave you to it. Grey, come with me."

Grey nodded and followed along before closing the doors shut.

***

Near the entrance sat a dashing young man, his back against a tree with a book in hand.
He lifted his eyes and revealed a smile as he saw the children walking inside.

He stood up and slowly strode towards them, causing them to notice the subtle movements in the grass.

Andrew whk noticed him first, whispered to Airene with a barely discernable voice.
"That's the Grand Mage. They say he's... eccentric, be careful."

As a reply, Chrona and I nodded in acknowledgement.

With light green hair and golden eyes, he resembled that a fairy or even an elf. His gaze looked solemn and tranquil, completely unlike others his age. Or at least, his appearance.

"Ah, hello there! You guys must be the kids the king asked me to teach?"
He said, waving his hand up as to greet us.

"Indeed. I am-"

"Yeah, I know you're that small prince aren't ya?"

Andrew of all people was cut off midway, causing him to look startled by this rude treatment, but considering that the young man was suspected to be the Grand Mage, he didn't really mind. But he does remind me of a certain someone.

"And you, the little girl with the black hair."

"Y-yes!"
Startled, Chrona stuttered.

"You have an amazing physical constitution. I reccomend you to exercise more."