Part 19 : Stalemate

I wrote this is class, so it remains unedited. Please give me ur opinions if something doesn't allign properly ;^;

Thank you ^^

________________

"Andrew, let go of me." I forced my hand off his grip, as I peered at him intimidatingly.

Ignoring Andrew completely, I turned and walked towards Clayden's direction, placing my back against his deep frown.

"Let's duel," I called to Clayden, causing him to jump in excitement.

"Yes!." He beamed a smile and readied his posture while he gave Andrew a self-satisfied look, causing the latter to seethe with contempt.

At this moment, Clayden felt triumphant. He had done the right thing since Airene had given him the right signals he needed, causing him to confirm that this Airene wasn't the 'old' Airene, though he didn't know when her soul entered her current body.

He was hesitant at first, but he gradually became confident as to how she acted was vastly different from how the usual Airene did.

He may have lost his memories, but his familiarity with her remained along with the muggy feeling he had in his chest. Though it wasn't as conspicuous at first, it gradually became something he couldn't ignore, yet want to forget.

The lovely girl in front of him already had a fiance of higher status, though unwilling, he could not obstruct it in any way.

He had to let go of her as he did in his previous life.

Be it then or now, she was always someone else's, and he couldn't do a thing about it. It wasn't because he wasn't persistent enough, it was because he didn't want her to be pressured or unwilling in a relationship. The bastard has to realize this sooner or later, or else she will escape his grasp completely, especially since the bastard was the most brittle of us three.

'I still resent you for what happened, but a grip of yourself, asshole. Or else he will come and swoop her away.'

***

Andrew stood by the sidelines as he squinted his eyes observing the two people clashing at one another. His heart fell as images in his mind ran wild of the suspicions he had of what they did inside the icebox. He frustratedly ruffled his midnight locks and groaned in displeasure before punching a tree near him, causing to violently rustle.

"Damn it!" He cursed aloud.

'You're supposed to be my fiance, why did you defend him?!' His mind achingly cussed as he felt indignant, shattering his smile completely.

Even he thought that this obsessive behavior of his was unusual, so he quickly rationalized himself before attempting to regain his composure.

It made no sense that he liked her to the point of obsessiveness, seeing the fact that they had just met a few months prior and that their interactions had been far from intimate.

'But why do I feel this way?'

He groaned as he abruptly sat down and folded his arms and legs into a meditating or mana gathering position.

'If I can't find out why outside, I will find the answer within.'

Thus, he silently meditated, searching for the answer among the fierce pangs from the battle.

***

I concentrated before releasing a surge of water in the form of two long whips out from my palms and aimed them directly towards Clayden. Clayden avoided the whiplashes by sidestepping and occasionally blocking them with his own barricade of water.