Part 5 : A Different Path

A few months had passed since Clayden started teaching me magic.
Ever since he began, Andrew has been accompanying me twice a week. He was always 'coincidentally' there whenever Clayden visited.

I'd even started to doubt if Clayden was his fiancé, and not me. Everytime he came here, they always end up 'playing' with each other. As the poor victim and third wheel, I wonder when I could escape this bothersome cycle. I wanted to have fun! Not see two children intimately trying to burn one another!!

...........

As always, we were in my private garden... happily training, focusing on improving our magic and swordsmanship skills...

BOOM!
CRACKLE!

"..."
Did that a fireball just go straight past me?

Annoyed, I secluded myself by going towards a more tranquil area, with no noisy brats to train.
........

Time passed and the noise of magic being casted and people running around ceased. But my private garden was in shambles.

"My-my garden!!!"
I yelped out in agony. But I quickly regained my composure as I realized that I am now rich and I have these two idiots to pay for the destruction. And so, I let out a sigh of relief and continued back where I left off.

A few minutes passed, and I felt... uncomfortable, like I was being watched intently.

I slowly opened my eyes to meet the main perpetrator, Andrew. I sighed once again, shut my eyes.

"Your highness, please stop staring at me. I feel quite unconfortable." I whispered to him in a low tone.

Dude, just go and have you rendezvous with Clayden. Stop staring at me!

"Why should I?"
Andrew replied while grinning with a devil may care grin. Then he disdainfully glanced at Clayden.

"But, you must be aware that you are bothering our time together, right?"

"Oh, am I? But aren't you the one bothering our studies?"
Clayden retorted, crossing his arms with a smirk.

Guys, the both of you are the ones constantly being sidetracked with each other! I screamed in my heart.

"Oh, shut it Clayden. What position do you think you're in to obstruct me like that."
Andrew shot a glare towards Clayden.

"Then, can you both please at least have a bit of conciousness? A diligent and decent person is trying to meditate here!"
I said, sighing, still trying to properly circulate the mana towards my body.

"And, Your Highness. Anyone would be bothered if you sit besides me like that."
Feeling uncomfortable, I shifted to the side.

"A pity I don't feel bothered at all... and please refrain from calling me your highness. Like what I constantly ask, please address me as Andrew."
He stared seriously and me and... pouted?

My mine was in turmoil and I stared at him, baffled.
What the hell happened to Andrew?! His character broke just like that! The cold and mischevious Andrew, where did you go???

Clayden just stood there, bursting with laughter seeing Andrew in that demeanor. We both actually thought of the exact same thing, he was actually acting according to his age for once.

But he still kept on laughing even when I glared sharply at him. Can't you be more sensible to the terrified person here?!

"Heh. So it seems like someone other than your mother can break your ice like that."
Clayden said as he began to stop laughing.